Chapter 7: On Oysters and Clams

Any respectable SeaWing knows the difference between oysters and clams. An oyster is a mollusk that produces precious pearls. A clam is a mollusk, like the oyster, yet it is an ugly thing that produces nothing except food for the lower class.

Of the differences of oysters and clams, we can learn about basic dragon nature. The higher class, or oysters, are inherently valuable and are smart, hardworking, and loyal. Thus, in these members of society, we have pearls. Clams, on the other talon, are utterly useless and don't contribute to society. They live in rocks and clams have even been shown to fight other primitive colonies for control of territory. We compare them to our lower class of SeaWing civilization.

The only use for them is to act as servants or low ranked soldiers. Not even fit for gu

"Queen Coral, we have... an... er... visitor  who would like to see you."

"Tell them they can speak to my advisors. I am busy."

"He requests to see you in person, immediately."

"UGGGHHH FIIIIIINNNNNEEEEEEEE"

IT BETTER NOT BE A BOBWING she thought. She swam to the entrance of the new and improved unicorn-shaped Summer Palace. She rose into the air. "Who dares disturb me?" She called.

"It is I, Darkstalker of the Nightwings!!!!!!!!!! I am positively magical and here to grant you three wishes!! Clearsight, play the music!"

Clearsight popped a CD into the sparkling radio she was holding and pressed a few buttons. "You've never had a friend like me" blasted out of the boombox. Darkstalker started to dance.

"OH PLEASE NO," begged Clearsight. "you said you were only going to sing."

"Well I changed my mind!"

*Cue musical sequence*

Coral gaped at the NightWing in front of her. "Darkstalker??? Weren't you the dragon the NightWings who enchanted other dragons, made his father kill himself, and caused the NightWing tribe to move?!?!?!?!?"

"WHY IN THE NAME OF STARCLAN DOES EVERYONE DWELL ON THE FACT THAT I MADE MY JERKY DAD- WHO, FOR THE RECORD, ABANDONED HIS OWN TRIBE!- DISEMBOWEL HIMSELF?? NOBODY CARES ABOUT THAT ANYMORE!!!"

"Hmmmph, fine. Why have you chosen me to grant three wishes to?"

"I've always been a bit partial to SeaWings, and you seem like you've had a sucky life. Plus you're cute"

"WHAT?"

"Nothing."

"Well, then, I wish my daughter Anemone was immortal!!"

Darkstalker raised the dragon equivalent of an eyebrow. "Isn't she an animus? Her personality has already changed a lot since the second book by the time we see her again in Moon Rising."

"Second book? Moon Rising?"

"The keyboard the author is using right now is sticking, so I'll just tell you later.

"Ok, fine. Scratch the whole Anemone thing. I wish that I was queen of all the tribes."

"Can't go wrong with having a psychopath who rips dragon's teeth out as dictator," Muttered Darkstalker to himself. He fluttered daintily to perch on the unicorn's horn and took out his magical scrolly-scroll. He scrawled down a few words and fluttered back.

Suddenly, thousands of dragons stormed out of the Summer Palace. "What's happening?" Cried a confused Coral.

The dragons began to shout. "All hail Queen Carol! All hail Queen Carol!"