Chaoter 15

The security guard leads us to the detention room. I feel like a celebrity that has just been arrested, because every person we pass stops and silently stares as we walk by. We finally reach the detention room and he pushes us in the room. He abrasively yells, “Alright! There will be no talking, no using of the restroom, no trips to the water fountain, and absolutely no cellular devices! Now, I will be right outside and I should not hear a single peep.”

            He slams the door. We each sit down. My desk is in the upper left corner of the room and his is in the upper right corner. He looks over at me and scoffs. I hate when people act like they are too good for me. I sure as hell know that I am better than that pervert. He pulls out his mp3 player and I roll my eyes. He drops his bag. We are about to argue. He yells, “Excuse me! Is there a problem, slut?”

            I smile and look to my right, and I stare deep into his cold, icy eyes. He is smiling right back at me. I say,” Nothing, just the big asshole in the middle of the room.”

            He jumps up and it seems like he is about to leap at me. Instead, he starts to clap. He laughs as he says, “Bravo! You are the new school slut.”

            I sigh. I don’t want to admit it to him, but it is very true. I stand up and push my body so we become face to face with one another. I say, “I am not a slut!”

            He grabs my hair and says, “Actually you are! Now listen to me! If you ever lay a hand on me again, I will beat you until your pathetic lungs give out! Do you understand what I am saying?”

            I kick him in his crotch. He kneels down to massage his injured groin. I make a run for the door, but once I try to open it, I come to learn that it is locked from the outside. I pound on the window as hard as I can. Nobody comes to rescue me.

            I hear footsteps down the hall, but then I feel a cold hand grab my neck. He throws me to the ground, and he forces himself on top of me. He lifts his fist and then forcefully thrusts it upon my eye. I hear the door open and somebody scream, before I am consumed by the darkness.