Interview With IssyBellaLewis

What Inspired You To Write?

Ever since I was rather young, I loved to read, I always dreamt that I would write books that inspired young children too. I suppose as I've gotten older and read a little more, I just keep seeing writing from all new angles, I just love to explore worlds that can take me away from the real one.

What Kind Of Things Do You Draw Inspiration From When Writing?

When writing, I usually draw some inspiration from songs. I listen to certain songs, perhaps pick up on an intriguing lyric, and it gets me thinking. I start to elaborate and delve into the story behind what I hear, a lot of guess work really!

What Is Your Favourite Book On Wattpad?

So far, my favourite Wattpad book is 'Project Popularity' by melthebookaddict. I check it everyday to see if it's been updated! It's the kind of success I wish for my own writing.

What Was The First Book You Ever Read On Wattpad?

The first book I ever read was 'Predisposed Liability' which was written by my friend, she was the one who got me into Wattpad.

Do you plan your chapters before you write them or do the ideas for the chapters come to you as you write them?

Usually, I lie awake at night day dreaming about what's going to happen next, I scribble my notes in a book, it's literally full now, then reflect on my ideas as I write. A bit of both I suppose, then.

What is your biggest accomplishment on Wattpad?

My biggest accomplishment on Wattpad is my book 'The Morbid Materials' which is still currently being worked on. I would never have dreamed to reach as many reads as I have and I'm thrilled about it.

Which one of your fictional characters can you most identify with and why?

My favourite character is definitely Michael, he's dark and deranged and his character has such a complexed mind, I find it generates interesting writing.  I love looking into the past of my characters, to look at the reasons behind their actions, and to me, Michael is just remarkable to imagine, despite his maniacal nature

What is your favourite book you have written so far? And why?

My favourite book is 'Morbid Materials' since it's the only book I've worked on for Wattpad. Though I've written a lot in the past, this book is getting really advanced and I love the endless possibilities and control I have over this story. It's unlike my previous writing because I've put so much thought into it.

Any advice to new writers?

To new writers, my greatest advice would be 'Think before you ink.' Nobody likes to read work that's incorrect or straggly, make sure your writing is original and well developed before you post. But more importantly, you've got to be a reader to be a writer.

How did you come across Wattpad?

I came across Wattpad when I saw my friend using it. I became intrigued, I've always loved to write and I wasn't going to ignore an opportunity to present my work to people just like me.

What writer, Wattpad and/or published, do you admire the most?

My favourite author is probably Melthebookaddict, because hers is the only book I've ever stayed so desperately loyal to. I love her casual writing style and can't take my eyes off the page when I'm reading her work.

What is your favorite color?

My favourite colour at the moment is mint, I think it's a cool, refreshing colour, but it doesn't appear too cold, not to mention it goes with literally everything.

Comfort food?

Comfort food has got to be Marmite on toast, it's so warm and homely, perfect on a cold night. ( Sorry Marmite haters! )

Your favorite quote?

My favourite quote is pinned to my wall, it reads: 'The Cat sat on a mat is NOT as story. The Cat sat on the Dog's mat is the beginning of one.'

Favorite movie?

My all time favourite movie is Lilo and Stitch, I cry every time it comes on and it was the first thing I saw at the cinema.

What is one random thing about yourself you’d like to share?

One random thing... hrmm... My cat falls off the roof literally every night and lives? Is that random enough?

Finish this sentence (just for fun)

The awkward moment when... your shoe falls off and you keep walking.

Anything you’d like to add?

To everyone out there who's still working on their books, keep it up! To everyone out there who's completed their book, well done! And to everyone out there who  is waiting for the right moment, get ready, here it comes.

Please check out my works, especially The Morbid Materials which hit 900 reads last night! Thank you for reading and thank you to PrettInPink00 for listening to my ramble!