Interview With SabrinaElouardi

1.) What inspired you to start writing?

This question has always been tough. :D What inspired me to write in general,  were tales of vengeance or stories with vendettas in them, but not the essential themes. It sort of draws a vehement, how to say (that sounded so Moroccan right there in my mind), but as I was saying...it draws a vehement attraction to me. I've always loved revenge. My friend DannyDeAngelus has been through the thick and thin of my retaliated scrips, and it's amazing, you know? How one person can devote their entire lives to such a dark, murky subject.

And I guess the real trigger and spark that ignited all these ideas, was essentially the thought of making the revenge theme a two-face. If evil, manipulated people commit a certain sin, wouldn't be the right thing to see them fall? Or the wrong. That's like the universal question no one knows. But besides venturing through mythology and other stories alike, revenge was the thing that came home.

2.) What kind of things do you draw inspiration from? 

Reading, and watching extremely sophisticated tv shows. The two TV shows that inspired me to write my third successful manuscript on here, was the complex Red Widow and the deliciously dark Revenge. Both on ABC, I sort of drew inspiration from the mafia background and the scorned terrorism enraptured in these TV shows. I started to fall hard for the theme of "one by one the guilty will pay," and "I won't let said person control my life," and "the wrongly convicted--innocence twisted into making people believe that the convict is the guilty," sort of thing.

3.) What is your favorite book (or) books on Wattpad?

Toughie. I love lots of books on here, but I haven't read that type of book where you just sit down, and lose sleep, until you desire to finish reading--in an extremely long time. I love LaniLenore's works, and my friend DannyDeAngelus. I finished reading this book on here, called His Revenge--and right now that's an all time favorite. But as for favorite overall, I can't pick. :)

4.) What was the first book you ever read on Wattpad?

(Laughs hard). (Chokes). (Dies). Friends With Benefits With The English Bad-boy. In my defense, I was thirteen and was like, partially innocent. I thought it was going to be like a crime story or something, with a relationship. But when I read it, it was sexual. Now, it wasn't a bad story. I just can't read a sexual scene or a making out scene for over two chapters. I don't mind reading about minor, little detail, love/making out scenes but I generally prefer writing about bourgeois, French kisses and cuddling and stuff if I were to ever delve into writing a relationship. Just my nature, I guess.

5.) Do you plan your chapters before you write them or do the ideas for the chapters come to you as you write them?

It depends, it varies. I've had this weird methodology working out lately. I come up with a bunch of ideas correlating to a future chapter, but somehow find a spot for it in the chapter I'm writing. It's really interesting. But for the most part, I plan a lot and I delete my planning as I go along. Planning, as Rick Riordan says, stops writer's block a lot. I've written about 249 pages that way, and I'm about thirty or so pages into my next chapter. It's been really amazing.

6.) What is your biggest accomplishment on Wattpad?

Three words: Chains, Charisma, and Congress. Right now it's harboring on my profile with 700 reads, and to be honest, I'm ecstatic. I honestly don't care if it doesn't have 20.K reads or some ridiculous number. For about eight to nine weeks, I've managed to remain afloat with this complex story idea, and I've been able to maintain it. For years, I was the author who'd write an entire story, either read it over and hate it, or get bored of it. But Chains hit home. I enjoy phrasing every poetic sentence, gluing in the plot twists, watching my character reach the end yet remain victorious through all her revenge-y glory. I had a tube of ice cream today to celebrate. It was awesome.