Ten

Lord Jesus I don't wanna bring Rose to this party. Ain't no telling what's gone happen this time. This is a house party too...it gets pretty wild. Rose is too sweet for a party like this.

I sighed while my left hand was steering.

"Dom, what's wrong?" Rose asked from the passenger seat.

I sighed again. "I don't think you should be coming."

She laughed. "Dom, I've been to many parties in my grown up years. I'll be fine. You sound like my dad."

Me? Sounding like a dad? I'm completely clueless about fatherhood.

"I'm glad you care though." She gave a warm smile while placing her hand on top of mine.

Here she go with the holding hands shit. But you know what, I'm kind of starting to like it.

I smiled back, I can't believe I did.

I knocked on the door and took a step back. I looked at Rose to observe her outfit again. She wore tan jeggings and a shortsleeve white lace shirt. Just gorgeous.

Meech opened the door and led us to the party room. Rose walked in front and Meech kept giving me the eye as if he was saying how fine Rose was.

The song Knuck If You Buck was playing when we walked in the room and I instantly dropped and shook my head. That's the quickest way to start a fight in a party.

Rose instantly started milly rocking as soon as we came in.

"I guess this ain't such a bad atmosphere for you huh?" I yelled over the music to her.

"I told you I'm good!" She smiled and got lost in the crowd. I found Randy....with Vodka in his hand of course.

"Ayeeeee wassup man!?" We did our handshake and he sat down next to me.

"I see you sitting by yourself, you didn't bring that one bitch with you?" He said.

I turned my neck so fast. "Don't call her no bitch Randy."

He leaned back in shock. "My bad bro. Me and you always call a girl a bitch but don't really mean no harm."

He was right about that too. I just looked straight ahead feeling ashamed that I did used to call girls bitches all the time.

A grin appeared on his face then he nudged me in the arm. "You like her."

I wrinkled my eyebrows. "What?"

"Don't play dumb nigga, you caught feelings."

I smacked my lips and wafted my hand at him. "Where's Darron?"

"Oh he didn't come. He said he wants to spend 'quality time' with his girl ."

That's not like Darron at all. It must mean sex.

Moolah by Young Greatness came on and I decided to get up and have fun with Rose. She was excited to see me and immediately grabbed my hands and danced with me. I never thought she could get this hype. We were having fun though.

Next was One Dance by Drake and Rose looked like a goddess as she swayed her hips back and forth. I was amazed by her beauty.

We finally sat down after we were tired of getting sweaty. It was about 12 am now.

"That was fun." She smiled as she sat next to me, drinking a water bottle.

"Yeah."

"I can't believe you didn't want me to come. I'm having fun, this party is fine." She said while looking around.

"It's just, at Meech's parties you don't know what to expect." I said.

"Well thanks for bringing me anyway." She grabbed my hand and placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

It's something about this girl.

"You weird man." I said while looking at mine hand, which was held by hers.

She smiled and looked in another direction.

"I'm kind of tired, you ready?" I said, sliding my phone back into my pocket after checking the time.

"Yeah."

I was starting to get a headache from the loud music and I honestly just wanted to go to sleep.

I told Meech we were leaving and then we headed to my car.

I was gonna tell Rose that I was wrong about her basically not fitting in to this type of party but before I could get my words out a guy jumped out of his parked car and jogged towards Rose and I.

"Aye, you Dominic right?" He said

"Who's asking?" I lifted a brow.

"That's a fucking yes. So why you ain't being a man and taking care of your responsibilities?!" His voice rose.

"The fuck you talking 'bout?"

He motioned for whoever was in his car to come out, and out came Annika in a short ass cheetah print dress.

I bust out laughing. "Responsibility? That's not my child she carrying and I told her ass that."

Rose stood beside me nervously.

"You ain't nothing but a bum ass, pathetic excuse for a man!" Annika said.

"Oh yeah?" I said, finding the shit coming out of their mouths humorous.
I tapped Rose's shoulder. "Get in the car."

She did as I said and hurried to the car, no questions asked.

As soon as I saw the door close I punched dude 3 times and then he fell to the ground.

"You mother fucker!!!! Look what you did to my brother! I'm gone have your ass shot Dom!!" Annika yelled.

I peacefully walked to my car like it never happened.

Rose didn't say anything, she just looked at me until I pulled off. We rode in silence.

---

"What was that about?" I put the car in park when I reached her driveway.

I sighed. "Nothing much, I'll handle it you go on and get some sleep." I unlocked her door.

She had her hand on the handle and cracked the door after thinking for a few seconds.

"You wanna come in?"

I turned my head to face her, to make sure she was serious.

"Yeah."

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹