Eight

"I never would have thought that you would keep your house this tidy." She sat criss crossed on my couch while flipping through an old magazine I had on my table for months.

Rose went home to change first. I was kind of pissed because I wanted to look at her all night in that sexy dress, but she came over in sweat shorts and a black tee.

"What's that supposed to mean? I look dirty?" I teased.

"No! It's just-" her hands moved in different directions as if she were trying to find the words.

"I know what you mean,Rose. Don't stress yourself." I laughed while picking up the remote to turn on Netflix.

"What are we watching?" She tossed the magazine back to the table.

"I don't know yet." I shrugged, leaning my elbows on my knees to search for a movie.

Finally I chose a movie that we both liked, Bebe's Kids.

I saw Rose sitting up straight and her hand cuffing her left arm. I thought it was a perfect time to start making moves.

I leaned back and put my arm around her. She lightened up and relaxed in my chest.

"Cold?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Nah, I'm fine.."

I didn't wanna rush things and make her uncomfortable. I mean yeah, I wanted to hit it right then and there but I knew that with Rose, you had to come on slowly.

About 30 minutes into the movie I ran my hand up her thigh very steadily. She moved her body a little causing me to stop.

Why is she so hard to crack? Most girls would be ready to drop the panties by now...not Rose.

Her head lied on my shoulder and I stroked her hair, trying to get her to relax. My hand made its way down to her chin and she looked up at me. Her eyes were so beautiful and warm looking. I leaned down with the intention of kissing her. She kind of resisted it since her lips never actually kissed mine, her soft lips brushed against my lips out of nervousness.

Eventually I got tired of this "lip-tease" thing she had going on and I just kissed her.

She pulled back and began to fix her clothes, like she was about to get in trouble if her mommy caught her kissing some guy.

"Ummm." She said. "I think I should go."

"Why?" I sat up with her.

"Uhhh, I just...I gotta go." She stood and grabbed her purse.

What was crazy is that, as soon as she got up, I felt different that she wasn't in my arms anymore. I felt like someone had literally pulled the plug of my happiness.

"No, don't go Rose." I stood.

I realized that I was stupid for trying something. I should've let things flow like they were and kept things normal.

She stopped before she got too close to the door.

"I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. You don't have to leave."