I hate you, You hate me but now we're a sad love story 4

A/n: Hola los chico/las chicas!! half of this chapter will be in Nathans pov then we'll switch back to Rachelle's pov and we'll see what happens.

comment.

please.

please.

okay on with the story then.

******************************************

Nathan's P.O.V

I can't believe i just did that. why can't you just tell her you like her and stop acting like a douche? oh yeah i know, ecause i'm a Jackass. Rachelle Hartley was always on my mind. she is so beautiful and she doesn't even have to try. she's not like the other over done slut at this school that are the fakest thing i've seen since maniquines. Speaking of, how in the world will i get Vikki to stop trying to ask me out. instead of telling her to shut the fuck up, i just smile and ignore her. if she drops one more hint about wanting me to take her to winter formal, i will drop her from the roof.

i was wodering why class hasn't started yet when Mrs.Billings walked in with a couple policemen. i knew this couldn't be good. after a couple seconds one of the officers walked over to her.

"can you give me the will your mom gave you this morning please?" he aked. oh god. i know this isn't going to turn out well. i just know it.

they got up and went to the back of the room, where you couldn't hear what the were saying. you could tell at first the were making small talk, then you could practically see her heart break, she was absolutely crushed and my heart ached for her as tears stremed down her face.

"No!! No! NO! NO! She's not dead!! She's all i have left i the world! I know that she would never leave me! She not dead!" she screamed as she pounded on an officers chest. she was shaking with tears as she sunk to the ground in despair. i could see that people around me were also getting a bit teary eyed.

an officer turned to look at me then he made a gesture for me to come over.

"hello son. You're Nathan Royal, right?" he asked

"yes sir." i said quickly.

"alright, get your things together so we can go to the hospital. your father is waiting for you there."

"he's not hurt too is he?" i saind panicking.

"no he's perfectly fine." he reassured. i really needed it.

"okay then why do i need to go. why is he waiting for me." i'm seriously confused.

"he can explain it to you when you get there." i nodded my haed and packed up. i saw that Rachelle was still on the floor. they were trying to get her to stand up but all she did was cry i doubt she was even able to hear them. i handed my backpack to tghge officer that was holding her stuff then walked over and picked her off the floor. she was lighter than she might have seemed. i could feel everyone's stares on me as we walked out of the classroom.

when we got in the police cruiser she cries had quieted down but they we're still very audible. i couldn't help but shed a tear with her, because i know what it's like to lose the one person you love more than anyone, the sad part for her was that she had no one left and i still had my dad.

When we got to the hospital i had to carry her in because as oon as she saw where we were she broke down again. the officers led us to where we were supposed to go. i saw my dad leaned over a bed, crying. it was the first time i'd seen him cry since my mom died. i walked in and set Rachelle in a chair.

"Dad? what are you doing here? who is that." i said as i pointed to the obviouly dead woman in the bed.

"hey son. this is Stacy Hartley. She was my bestfriend for pre-k to now. i Haven't seen her for two weeks or so. Rachelle is her daughter and is now under my guidance and she will be living with us and i hope that the two of you get along. now it's gonna be tough for her but please try to help her out." we both turned to look at the still crying Rachelle. she had her knees to her chest and her head hid away as shook with tears.

i watched as my father walked over to her and put his hand on her knee. she looked up and wipped her tears.

"Mike." she said. i saw the tears begin to fill up in her eyes again. " She's gone mike. she's gone." she cried as he pulled her into a hug.

"i know baby, i know. i'm so sorry." i had never seen my dad act so fatherly to anybody but me, and even then he wasn't doing so hot. when he finally realized he was a dad was when my mom died five months ago.

"what am i going to do without her, mike?" she said as she sobbed into his chest, like she did with me when we were in the cruiser.

"i'm still tryingg to figure out i'm going to do but the for sure thing is that you are coming ti live with Nathan and i." he said it like she knew.

"no. i can't just move into your house like that." she said as she wipped her tears.

"actually i'm your legal guardian now. it was in your mom's will so you don't really have a choice. but even if it wasn't you would always be welcome in my home." he said then kissed her forehead then helped her up.

"okay. i miss Nathan. i haven't seen him since i was five." she said, then she looked passed him to the bed behind him.

"can i see her?" she asked. he nodded and moved out of the way. the moment she saw her the tears started up again and fell to her knees next to the bed. i could tell she wasn't just crying for her loss anymore. she was crying for everything and everyone as realization sunk in. after a while she calmed down enough to talk.

"oh mom. i love you, forever and always." she said as she kissed her forehead then people came in to take her mom to the creamation station. we spent hours there. it' amazing hour so many hours are put into something when it only takes a moment for it to be distroyed.

when we got into the car, after a few minutes, Rachelle wa asleep on my shoulder. i knew she was both physically and emotionally drained. when we got home i went to put her in th guestroom and noticed that they had already had things for her in this room. her clothes, shoes, and a lot of shopping bags that i'm sure my dad paid someone to go shopping for her.

i set her on the bed and tucked her in ince and warm. i kissed her lips once then kissed her forehead and left the room. well, this day has been the saddest, happiest days of my life. i wonder how she'll react when she wakes up