31.

Previously

She suddenly stopped.

Her body wasn't expecting her to stop that quickly, which made her drop to the ground and it was a few seconds of her breathing heavily that she screamed out in pain.

Her hands went to her leg, blood poured out of it uncontrollably and painfully.

Her eyes watered at the pain, and her head turned towards the sound of twigs that have snapped.

There she saw Tristan stood with a pistol in his hand.

Now

Months Later

Tristan held onto her leg upwards as he used his free hand to wrap the bandage around her healing leg, from where Tristan shot her just to get her to stop.

Moments after the pain had run through her whole leg, she screamed out in agony and forced herself to her feet. She limped away, but her body forced her to the ground due to the amount of blood that left her body.

She felt weak, sick and her body started to shut down. This time, she couldn't help it, her eyes began to shut out of force.

Tristan had slowly walked towards her, and she looked up into his eyes with her watery ones.

Now, she was sitting in silence, her eyes were stuck on the wall in front of her. Her young eyes returned to their dull and boring colour as the tired bags sat underneath them.

Why me? She asked herself this every day. Why her? Why did Tristan pick her out of the hundreds of girls he's walked past. Was it her normal and gentle personality that attracted him?

''You know... someone's probably looking for me. As in, the police.''

Tristan sniggered in amusement, ''It's been months. Don't think you're that important.''

His words triggered into her heart, her chest tightened at the truth that came out of Tristan's mouth.

''Fuck you.'' She whispered, without a care as she crossed her arms.

''Was that an invitation I hear?'' Tristan had a twisted grin on his lips.

''Not in a million years, you freak.'' Just as Tristan was about to walk out of the room, he stopped because of her words.

''I'm sure you wasn't saying that the other night... only four days ago when you basically begged me to fuc-''

She threw herself at him and covered his mouth. ''Please don't finish that sentence. I already regret it.''

She lowered her head and hugged her legs together. Flashbacks of the night when her body took over her mind returned and she squeezed her eyes shut.