Chapter Fifteen

Better Than Revenge

Chapter 15  

A week passed and I still had yet to figure out a way to use the things I discovered the day Nora had me deliver the paper to Christian and grab the forms he was supposed to have given her while I was at it to my advantage. By that point, I had basically pushed it far back in my mind. I hadn’t forgotten about it, though. I was just waiting for the right time. 

“Soph, is this as horribly hideous as I think it is?” Tori asked from inside her closet. We went shopping after we had both gotten off work that day. Tori bought so many things that she decided to just clean out her closet and throw out the things she didn’t want anymore. Unfortunately, that seemed to somehow involve me. 

She jumped out of her closet slightly and I glanced over at the garish red top she held in her hands. I scrunched up my nose. “Um, yes.” 

She nodded sadly. “Yeah, I thought so…” 

What had she been thinking when she bought that? Honestly. 

I shook my head and turned back to the television, remembering what I was going to ask Tori all of a sudden. “Tori, can you please give me the remote? I am not watching this.” 

Tori scoffed from inside her closet. “Too bad! Come on, you’re featured or talked about on that show so often, you should want to watch it!” 

“Yeah, well, I don’t. Please?” 

“Nope!” she exclaimed stubbornly. 

“Godammit,” I muttered underneath my breath. There was no way to manually change the channel, either, because those buttons didn’t work. 

The television screen caught my attention, however, as usual. That always seemed to happen when I watched this show. I heard them mention Frank and Christian and since most of the rumors about Christian also involved me, I decided to tune in.

The press was harassing Christian and Frank as they exited a building. 

“Christian, Christian, are the rumors we’re hearing about true?” one particularly chubby man questioned. 

“Christian, what about your ex-girlfriend?” some weird looking man asked. 

“Christian, can you tell us about your new movie?” 

“Christian, do you wear the new cologne you just came out with?” I couldn’t even tell where that one came from. 

Frank finally spoke up, looking irritated. “We are not answering any questions right now. Christian has places to be.”

“Christian, where are you going?” 

Christian began to maneuver his way over to a big, black limo, escorted by three bodyguards.

“Christian, are you going somewhere with your girlfriend?” a strange looking Asian woman asked. 

By this point, Christian was already inside the limo, waiting for Frank to free himself from the press’s grasp. 

“No, he’s not going anywhere with Sophia,” Frank replied in exasperation. 

I spit out the water I was drinking. 

“So he and Sophia are involved?” the same woman asked excitedly, shoving a microphone farther into Frank’s face. 

Frank smirked slightly. “Well, they didn’t want anyone to know, but I guess it would have been revealed eventually… yes, they do have a thing going on.”