Ch. 22- One day too late

Hey again everybody!

I'm back with more Eliza and Joel :D

The song for this time is One Day Too Late by Skillet, but I like Airplanes by B.o.B. feat. Hayley Williams for this chapter as well...

Dedicated to estellebell for deciding to like vampire stories after all... (and for telling me)

Enjoy!

____________________________

Recap:

Ch. 21 – When it rains At school Joel can't stop thinking about Eliza. He goes home to talk to Xander, who cannot keep the secret about Eliza's choice. Joel immediately runs to the castle to try to convince Eliza to stay, but it is too late, she already left.

Joel’s POV:

I burst through the airport doors in a panic. I had to reach Eliza in time! But first I had to stand in line for security. Not the idea I liked the most… I sighed and headed for the long line in front of security. Then I grabbed hold of a woman dressed in an airport suit.

“Excuse me. I really need to skip the line. Do you think you could just let me skip ahead and not have to go through security?” I must sound like some sort of terrorist or utter idiot, one or the other… Oh well, she would just have to deal with it.

“I’m sorry, sir. I’m afraid I can’t let you do that. You’ll just have to wait in line like everybody else.” She told me in the typical annoying airport personnel voice. The one that always drove me nuts.

“Lady, you don’t understand.” I was getting stressed and rude, and annoyed and a whole bunch of other things. “I need to get through there. My girlfriend is on a plane to Forks and I need to find her.” I waited for a reply. “NOW! If I don’t find her now, I might never see her again!” I took a few deep breaths before continuing considerably calmer. “Please. She is my world, my everything, and I can’t handle loosing her. Please...” Apparently I had resorted to begging. I wished that Xander was here; he would be able to come up with some story that would confuse her enough to let us through, or make her feel so sorry for us that she would let us through. But he wasn’t here, and she wasn’t budging.

“Well, I’m afraid your girlfriend will have to wait… You see the security of the entire nation and wherever it is you’re going is slightly more important than your lovelife.” And with that she turned away and started to help a stupid old lady in a stupid old wheelchair.

I ughed at the stupid young lady helping the stupid old lady in the stupid old wheelchair, and turned to take my place in line. Then I asked myself WWXD. What Would Xander Do? And I decided to tell my sad story to the people in line so that they would feel sorry for me and let me go ahead of them. Except I decided to add a little more drama. Like the part where Eliza was pregnant with my baby, or that she was running away with some other guy, or that she had broken up with me because she didn’t think I wanted to move with her to her new job, even though I did… People are stupid and gullible. Apart from one stupid old lady who only wanted to tell me about her stupid old grandchildren.

“You’re going to Forks? Well, watch out for the vampires… Haha. You know that is funny because of this wonderful new book about vampires that Steeny Minor wrote, and the vampires in that book live in Forks. Haha. Isn’t that funny? My oldest grandchild, Mirabella, is reading that book. Oh, she is so smart, it is a thick book, and she is only fifteen. Children nowadays are so smart. School is a wonderful thing, don’t you agree young man?” The old lady blabbered on. I wanted to get past her, real bad.

I decided to just jump the fence, well rope, well thingy that help the line in place, well skip ahead in line. Oh I don’t know! My mind is on overtime, work overload. If I was a robot, my head would have exploded half an hour ago, at least!