Ch. 17- Shape of my heart

I'm back, and so is my internet!

I don't want to make you wait any longer by reading lots of my babble, so I'll just give you the normal facts:

1: A reminder that this is entered for the Wattyawards, and all comments, votes, likes etc are greatly appreciated :D

2: Dedicated to AvaLOVExo for adding to library, and reading, thanks, I really appreciate it :D

3: Music: Shape of my Heart by Sting

4: ENJOY :D

________________________

Recap:

Ch. 16 – Break Your Little Heart Joel and Eliza are back at school. Eliza sees Joel with his roommate (Rebecca), but thinks that Joel is with another girl. Eliza gets mad and goes home. She decides to kill Rebecca so Eliza goes hunting with Daniel and ends up killing Rebecca.

Ch. 17- Shape of my heart

 Joel’s POV:

When I woke up the next day it was not Rebecca who was responsible, but Xander. Xander was back, and Rebecca was gone! Oh, what bliss!

“Where have you been?” I asked Xander, still in a happy mood.

“With Eliza… Well her clan. I made lots of new friends! They were all so nice. Why do we kill vampires? They haven’t done anything wrong.” He just ruined my happy mood.

“Vampires, leeches, are bad. They lie to yo, make you fall in love with them, then they dump you in the middle of nowhere with a broken heart and a really long walk back to civilization. And we kill them because they are bloodsucking leeches that ruin everybody’s lives, and kill people! And why the hell have you been with Eliza?!” I raged. Xander just stood there, looking confused.

“But, we kill them, doesn’t that make us just as bad? And why can’t I be with Eliza? She hasn’t done anything wrong.” He said in the voice of a five-year-old who was being told off for something he didn’t do. I sighed, I guess I would have to tell him what Eliza had done.

“Eliza played me. When we ran away, she just left. She left me with nothing, and she took you with her apparently.” I said softly, the memory still fresh making the pain so much worse.

“Eliza didn’t leave, she-“

“JOEL! Get down here immediately!” Shouted Payton, our leader, sounding very angry.

“Sorry, gotta go, can’t leave Payton waiting. You know how he gets…” I apologized quickly to Xander as I rushed out the door and down the stairs.

“You took your time.” Payton said as he led me to the meeting room. He closed the heavy oak door and sat down in his seat at the end of the table. He sighed heavily before motioning for me to sit down too.

“It is with a heavy heart that I say this. Rebecca is dead. Her cheerleading squad found her yesterday after their practice. She was lying in an alley, bruised and bloody on the outside, but inside she was completely drained of blood. There were two puncture wounds on her wrist, but it seems as though whomever it was who did this did not kill her for her blood, merely to kill. We have the witnesses in our custody, and we feel that it should be you who work to find out what monster did this, as she was your roommate.” All I could do was stare at him incredulously. She was dead? No more Rebecca?

“Are you willing to take this horrible happening into your hands, and figure out who did this, and why?” Payton looked at me with dead eyes.

“Of course, I mean she was my roommate…” I said solemnly, feeling I had no other choice.