Ch. 7- All the things she said

Chapter 7, if you were wondering...

Music: All The Things She Said by t.A.T.u

Please, please, please comment/vote/fan. Especially the commenting, constructive criticism is always appreciated and really anything that you think could help the story.

If you help me, I'll dedicate to you (now only if you find a chapter without a dedication like MissBea12 did... Since I'm actually finished) ;)

Sorry that it took so long... I have had writers block. And lots of exams and tests :( SORRY :/

Buuuttt... Enjoy :D

_____________________

Recap:

Ch. 6- Human connect to human Joel comes to school and tries to talk to Eliza. She tries to avoid him and he notices that something is up with Xander. He can sense a new presence at school.

Eliza's POV:

"I- I'm sorry. I didn't know he was your brother. I shouldn't have hurt him." Joel said, But something had changed. He was no longer as determined, he seemed a little miffed.

"Don't make excuses, you hurt him. End of story. There's no more to say." I was still angry at him, and he needed to see that I would not change that just because he said sorry.

"I really am sorry though. I would never have done it if I knew." His eyes were pleading, and he made my heart melt. But I had to stand fast. My heart had been frozen for a long time now, it was going to take more than just a cute look to melt it completely.

"It doesn't matter." I said coldly. "Even if he weren't my brother, you still would have hurt someone."

"Well, I guess that I should just go, shouldn't I? It's apparent you don't want to talk to me." And with that he left. I sighed and leaned back in my seat.

It had been mean of me to act that way, but I had to make sure that he was in fact the hunter Daniel had been talking about. By saying sorry he had confirmed my suspicions, and only increased my feelings for him.

NO! I could not have feelings for this boy. The only feeling I could have for him was hate. But that was not one of the feelings I felt. I had to get rid of these emotions. I could not be feeling anything towards him. I could not feel anything towards anyone, only my clan and my kind. And for them I could only feel love and loyalty. Even if I did not want to.

Joel's POV:

That talk in detention had made me think. I was absolutely certain that Eliza really was a... I sighed to myself. She was my target. I had to kill her. That part was easy, that was the part I knew how to deal with. It was the part where I had feelings for her that messed me up.

How was I supposed to destroy the girl , well... I cannot be quite sure what I feel towards her. I knew that I did not hate her, or dislike her in any way, I did not even really mind that she was... uh, not human. So I had to like her, in some way, right?

But was it love? Could it be? Then again, how could it not be? She was the only... person that I had had any feelings for my whole life. I loved my guild and all, but that was forced, I had no other choice.

And when it came to my friends, it was all natural. No complications, no wondering what each little wave of emotion meant. And while i was thinking about my friends, I remembered Xander. I had to find out what was happening. And how to get his powers back. I decided to call Xander to see if I could get any more clues.

"JOEL!" shouted the overly-excited voice of Xander.

"Uh, Xander... Weren't you supposed to be depressed?" I asked unsurely, his mood-swings made it seem as though he was a teenaged girl with too many hormones.

"No, not any more!" I could hear him bouncing up and down as he said that.

"Xander! Calm down!" I ordered him in a stern voice.

"But, I got my powers back..." he said in what sounded like a puppy dog voice. I was sure that he was wiggling his shoulders trying to look cute as he said it. Then I realized what he had said.

"WHAT! How? Why? When?" I demanded.

"Well, I got home from school and I realized that I could read people again." He said, sounding happy and a little bit proud.

"Oh, good for you."

"Hold on, they're calling to a meeting, you should probably come too. I'll see you there." and then he hung up.

From what I had gathered it had to be something at school that had caused Xander's lack of powers. Could it have something to do with the presence I had sensed?