Chapter Thirty

~ M A S O N ~

"I, um, Mr. Torell asked for you. S-someone told me to pass the message to you." A junior told me nervously, playing with the loose hem of his uniform.

I gave him a nonchalant nod and he immediately scattered away. I scoffed, what was up with these wimps? It wasn't like I was going to devour them.

Stupid rumors.

I walked begrudgingly to Mr. Torell's classroom. What could he possibly want from me? I wasn't failing anything, so it was obviously not about my test results. Maybe it's because he saw me stick a gum under my desk.

As I walked towards his classroom, I heard whispers and mutters. I didn't bother listening to them since what they were saying were useless crap. I stopped to give someone a death glare when I heard them calling Vanessa a gold digger for sticking with me. They immediately shut up.

They could talk crap about me, but never about Vanessa.

I shook my head to myself. Damn it, I'm whipped.

I've never been this protective over a girl before. I've never felt like this before Vanessa and honestly, I'm scared. I was always in control of my life, never letting anyone have control over me. Then Vanessa came to my life, demanding me to freaking smile. At first I didn't trust her, but she was just so demanding that I finally let her in. Now, I'm fucking whipped (as Aaron would say) that if she asked me jump off a cliff, I would jump off a cliff.

When I saw her cut herself yesterday, I felt my heart break into two. I had this guilty feeling that it was my fault. Maybe she thought it was okay because she saw me do it too, but I know she wasn't like that. She has been bottling all these emotions up and Scott's death was the last straw.

This happy and smiley girl that demanded me to smile the first day I saw her looked so fragile and broken. I wanted so badly for her to open up to me and thankfully, she did. I wanted to strangle the freaking bastard Andrew to death for doing that to Vanessa. She was a girl, for goodness sake! He was her stepdaughter! How could that asshole do that?

I was so angry that if Vanessa wasn't there, I would've stormed out and track that bastard down. It was his fault why she was hurting! It was his fault why she was so sad!

Even when she was trying her best to fake a smile and be happy, I could tell that everything was a façade. From the day I met her, I instantly knew that she was far from happy. And I wanted to be the one to make her smile genuinely. I wanted to be the one to pick up the broken pieces. I wanted to be the one to fix her.

I wasn't succeeding though. She fixed me, not the other way around.

I cleared my thoughts away as I pushed the door open. I looked around to see nobody. I stepped in the room and sat on one of the desk to wait for Mr. Torell.

I shot up from my seat when I someone barged in the room. I expected Mr. Torell and not her. My eyes widened in surprise to see Reagan striding towards me with a smirk on her face.

Anger boiled inside of me. She was one of the reasons why Vanessa was suffering. This girl was such a bitch, I swear.

"What do you want?" I grumbled, shooting her my oh so famous glare. She didn't seem to be phased by this which was surprising.

Her smirk grew wider as she walked to my face, her face so near to mine. I grew uncomfortable since she was in my personal space, so I took a step back. She simply kept walking nearer. I stopped moving backwards when she clawed on to my shirt, pulling me nearer.