May 12,1950

Chapter 5

United States

Pearblossom Junior High (All Girls School) 

1:23 p.m.

"What are you getting for you mom on Sunday?" asked Liona Olson, overjoyed of the decorations around the school. The words 'Happy Mother's Day' was written on the board for Mrs. Delancey, since there was no school tomorrow.

"We were thinking of getting chocolates along with a rose!" exclaimed Chelsea Ander, giggling.

"Chocolates? Maybe I should get some for her too," Marianne Jesley replied. She swayed her head to the last side of the square desk. "How about you Que? What are you getting your mom?"

Que Hanson smiled her widest. "We're going to get her gold heart earrings!"

The girls gasped in shock, agreeing that that was the greatest gift they're ever heard. Another gasp from the front of the room startled them.

"Everyone! Did you make this?" asked a woman with rosy cheeks, auburn hair, and hazel eyes. Her face with filled with love and joy.

"Yes, Mrs. Delancey!" everyone in the class said in sync., smiling and giggling.

Mrs. Delancey's eyes filled with tears. "Awww. Thank you girls! Now come here and let's have a group hug."

All the girls got up from their seats and joyfully hugged Mrs. Delancey. 

"What on earth is this?!" Everyone separated and rushed to their seats as Ms. Rowen's face was filled with rage.

"M-Ms. Rowen!" Mrs. Delancey's eyes darkened with fear. "W-We were jus-"

"Oh, Mrs. Delancey. I'm sure I know what I saw! This place is for learning, not hugging!" Ms. Rowen walked to the chalkboard. "And what is this?"

Liona stood up. "It's to show appreciation for Mother's Day on Sunday."

Mrs. Rowen's eyes narrowed at her. "Raise your hand, little girl! Has a teacher called on you, huh? And if Mother's Day is on Sunday, why don't you celebrate it on the exact date?"

"Because we won't be seeing Mrs. Delancey in the weekend," Que bravely said, aware that she hasn't been called. Though she wanted to protect Mrs. Delancey.

Mrs. Rowen scoffed. "Well, that is not my fault, is it now?" She walked toward the door, but before leaving, she faced Mrs. Delancey. "I will talk about this to the principal. From then on, follow the rules, Mrs. Delancey."

When Mrs. Rowen finally left, all the girls started whispering how mean and rude she was. 

"Now, now, girls! We do not talk about other teachers that way! And Ms. Rowen is right. We need to follow the rules of the school." Mrs. Delancey started erasing the 'Happy Mother's Day' on the board while everyone's lips frowned with each letter erased.

At the end of school, the four girls gathered around to their usual bench below the big tree that provided shade.

"I hate Ms. Rowen! She's been like this ever since she started working here! She thinks she rules the whole school or something," said Liona, attempting to open her paper lunchbag, only she ripped it.

Chelsea frowned. "I hope Mrs. Delancey doesn't get fired. It was our fault for writing that in the board too..."

Marianne looked at the grass. "I think it's time that we do something about this."

Que, Liona, and Chelsea looked at her then at each other. They nodded in agreement. 

It was time to do what they have planned since Ms. Rowan came. 

Another person is going to be sent to Hell.

11:48 p.m.

The four girls met in the back of Saint Albert's Church. 

"Have you got the doll?" asked Liona, glancing at Que.

Que nodded and looked at Chelsea. "Yeah, I got Ms. Rowens full name," said Chelsea.

"Tape it on the straw doll," instructed Marianne as she prepared the small fire to burn the doll in with Ms. Rowens name on it. 

A gust of wind blew and Que shrieked.

"Sshh! We can't be found out!" whispered Liona, narrowing her eyes at Que.

"I-I'm sorry. But the news about what happened to Japan is scaring me. What if it was true? The boy suddenly disappeared. He wasn't found at all! Even though his brother was the last one to see him.."

"That's probably not real. Don't let it bother you," said Chelsea, though she was kind of scared too.

Marianne smirked. "All that's left is to wait for midnight."

Liona checked her Minnie Mouse watch. "It's 11:58 now." 

Chelsea taped the paper with Ms. Rowen's name on the doll and placed it above the fire. "Curse Danielle Sien Rowe-"

Suddenly, another gust of wind blew, making Que shriek again. Chelsea jumped and accidentally let go on the doll. 

"No!" yelled Liona, attempting to catch the doll, but Marianne held her back since she might get burnt.

The fire expanded as it engulfed the doll's stuffings along with the paper with Ms. Rowen's name. 

Liona glared at Chelsea and Que. "Now look what you have done! Now Mrs. Delancey might suffer more because of us!" 

After a few seconds, the doll disappeared into ashes as the four girls sighed in disappointment.

"I'm sorry." Que repeated, tears welling up in her eyes.

"It's okay. There's always tomorrow," replied Marianne, giving her a warm smile. "Let's go home."

Little did they know the ashes burned at exactly midnight.

I was summoned by Chelsea Ander. She summoned me to kill Danielle Sien Rowen.