Chapter 25

-Adam's P.O.V.-

"Please, don't Adam. I'm begging you. Snap out of it!" She yells.

"Come on Adam, just do it. She deserves it,"Danny says from behind me.

Danny. Danny. He's the one who deserves it. That bastard is the one who did this to me. I have my chance now. To escape.

Without a thought, I don't even lift my head as I turn around and fling the knife at Danny. She gasps and Danny is silent. I look up from my feet and...Wow... That was an excellent throw, especially for being drugged out of my mind. The knife made it's home in Danny's heart.

"Oh my god, Adam. Thank god. Adam, can you help untie me," She asks me in a tender voice. I look at her, but I'm not sure if my head is still trippy or what because for some reason she doesn't seem familiar.

"How can I trust you're not going to kill me?" I ask her, my words slurring together. Her eyes start to tear up with hurt, and pity.

"Adam, I would never hurt you. I love you," She says tearfully.

"Only the real Whiskey will tell me the truth...Are you pregnant with my baby?" I ask her. Even though I already know. Danny told me it was Robert's baby during the first couple days of the torture.

"Yes, Adam it is your baby," She says with a tearful smile. I want to believe her, but for some reason, something in my head, is telling me everything is bullshit. Of course it could be the drugs but how can I be sure.

"LIER!" I yell and raise my arm, but I hesitate, can I really do this. The sound of metal clanging against the ground resounds through the house but not before someone tackles me from behind.

"Robert!" She yells, but I don't see my assailant because my old friend, engulfs my mind with the dark nothingness I'm so familiar with.

-Whiskey's P.O.V.-

He really did love me. He dropped the knife. Like some part of his mind knew it was me.

"Whiskey, are you ok?" Robert says kneeling beside me. I silghtly nod.

I just stare at Adam, he looks so sad. So used and depressed. Tears start to flood and my eyes and as soon as Robbie unties me, I lunge forward towards Adam. I slip my arm under his head and lift his head to my chest and cradle him.

"I'm so sorry Adam, you'll get better I promise," I whisper in his ear before Robert picks him up and we head  out to the car.

He lays him down in the back seat of the car and I go in with him

"Adam, oh Adam. Please be ok, please. I promise I won't let anything hurt you again,"I whisper into his ear.

"There's a hospital about 10 more miles up the road, we're almost there. Like 10 minutes,"Robert says speeding down the dirt road at almost 100 mph.

I hold Adam in my arms and stroke his hair, he's so frail and boney, I feel like he'll break in my arms. I want to wrap him in a cocoon to shelter him from the world and all of its pain. I hold him so close that my tears become his.

The back door opens and people in scrubs reachand try to pull Adam from me.

"NO! NO! NO! DON'T TAKE HIM FROM ME!" I scream holding him tighter.

I don't want to let him go. I feel like if I do, he'll be hurt. I don't want him to hurt anymore. I love him too much for him to hurt any more. The door on the other side of the car opens and a pair of strong hands grab my hips and pull me away out of the car and away from Adam.

"NO! NO! NO!" I scream kicking and flailing my arms around.

"Whiskey! Whiskey! It's ok! It's ok! He's going to be ok," Roberts says soothingly, holding me in his arms in a tight hug,"They're going to take care of him."

I'm sobbing in his arms, falling limp of exhaustion.

"Where did you find him?" One of the nurses asks Robert.

"We were driving down here for a little R&R but we saw him on the side of the road so we stopped and it happened to be Adam,"Robert says cooly.

The nurse takes notes and looks at me with a raised eyebrow,"Are you pregnant?"

I don't say anything but keep my face burried in Robert's chest.

"Yea, she is,"Robert says holding me tight.

"Ok, we're going to bring her in just for a check up,"The nurse lady says touching my shoulder. I flinch.

"Baby, it's ok, they're only going to help you,"Robert says,"I'll go with you."

I nod and we follow the nurse into the hospital. They do several tests until they finally have me in a hospital rob in a stiff bed. Robert is next to me in a chair.

"My head hurts," I say smiling.

He looks at me and laughs,"I let you convince me to do dumb shit, and this is what happens."

I laugh and give him a kiss,"Thank you so much, honey, for doing this for me. You don't know how much this means to me. I love you."

"Honey, I love you so much, I'd overthrow the government for you,"Robert says caressing my cheek.

The nurse from earlier walks in,"Miss Copper, your vitals are fine, and the baby is fine."

"Is Adam ok?" I ask her.

"What was that miss?"

"Adam, is he ok?" I ask again.

"Oh, um, he's doing better, he's lacking some vitamins but we'll have him regulated. He won't be leaving soon though. You on the other hand can leave when ever you want to. But since we're such a big hospital in a litle town, you guys can stay as long as he's here."

"Oh thank you," I say, hearing that Adam is doing better, is music to my ears,"Can I go see him?"

The nurse looks at her clipboard and flips over a couple pages,"Uh, it looks like... He's not in perfect condition, but he's well enough to have visitors. You can go right now, if you want. He's in room 222."

She walks out of the room and I look at Robert with begging eyes. He nods in response to my unspoken question.