Chapter 9

-Adam's P.O.V.-

"Sweetie, be careful," I tell Sydney as she ventures off the concrete path.

"You know, I've lived here my entire life and I've never taken the time to come to the Golden State Park," Amanda says squeezing my hand.

I shrug,"I think thats the same for everyone, life is so fast paced we never take time to look around and see what we have right at home."

Sydney comes back into view and Amanda quickly releases my hand. I can tell this is very awkward for her but, she did put herself in this situation. We've only been seeing each other for about 3 weeks and she already wanted to meet Sydney. I hope she doesn't think I'll leave my stable life for her. Hell, I hope I don't.

"Daddy, can we go to the pond to look at the fishes?" Sydney asks as she runs up to me.

I nod and grab her tiny hand, as she leads me to the pond around the corner.

I crouch so that I'm at Sydney's eye level,"Do you want me to put you on my shoulders so you can see better?"

Her eyes light up and her tiny hands reach out,"Yes please!"

I gently lift her up and place her on my shoulders and Amanda slips her hand in my back pocket. As she wraps her arms around me I catch a wiff of a perfume that Sydney is wearing.

"Sweetie, are you wearing your mom's perfume?" I ask as I look up at her.

She nods,"I miss mommy so much, so I put on her perfume so I can smell just like her."

A half smile makes its appearance on my face,"I know, I miss her too."

As soon as I say those words, Amanda's hand retreats and she crosses her arms.

I turn to Amanda and whisper,"You know, she still is my fiancé. I love her too."

Amanda rolls her eyes and leans into my ear,"If you love her as much as you say, I wouldn't be here."

Shit. She has a point.

A small hand grips a chunkful of hair and almost yanks it out.

"OW!"

"Sorry, daddy. I wanted to ask. Can we go see her?" she asks oh so sweetly. She reminds me a lot of those sour patch kids. Sour at first but sweet after.

I guess seeing Whiskey for a bit wouldn't hurt. I mean, yea, Amanda is going to be upset but, hey, I'm not married to her, hell I'm not even dating her.

I look back up at Sydney and smile,"Why not!" 

Amanda looks at me,"Have fun you two," She looks at her phone,"I have to get to school see you guys later."

"Bye Amanda," The little voice on my shouldere yelled.

I nod at her and proceed towards the spot where we parked, as I pull out my phone and book us flights in two hours to Hawaii. God, I hope Amanda isn't mad at me, I better text her.

~Babe, I'm goin' to HI for a 1 or 2 days, but when I come bak, it's just gonna be me and u. <3

"Guess what baby girl, I just booked us a flight to Hawaii for today."

"Yay!!!"

-Whiskey's P.O.V.-

"Alright guys! That was a good scene! Take fifteen everyone."

"Oh thank God," I gasp before I start to gulp down a cold bottle of water. I can feel the coolness going throughout my body. Suddenly I feel a hand go up my back, sending shivers up my spine, making me feel warm.