Chapter 12

-Adam's P.O.V.-

Her nails dig into my back, hurting so bad, but feeling so good. I can taste the sweat on her neck as I gently kiss meanwhile my hips thrust into her.

My phone buzzes but I ignore it. I'm so close.

"Unf."

I look up at her and see her mouth form a perfect "o".

"Yes! Adam! Yes!" She screams as I take her over the ends. Of course I'm left there, empty, unsatisfied. It's been like that for the past few months. She collapses ontop of me and kisses me. I lay there, letting her shower me with her affection, but what does it all really mean?

"You know Adam, I don't know why you don't just leave your girlfriend. It's not like she makes you happy anymore. It sounds like you guys don't have anything in common."

I shrug,"I guess, I don't know, I love her too much."

Amanda laughs,"Right, and that's why you're having sex with me."

My phone buzzes again, so I lightly nudge her aside and roll over to check my phone.

I check the first text:

~Hey honey, Spencer is going to spend the night with us. I hope thats ok...

Eh I guess it's ok, I mean the kids doesn't seem too bad.I guess I could treat him like my own son...

Right, the second text:

~I love you.

Oh, great.

"Is it your bitchy girlfriend?" Amanda laughs.

I look at her very cross,"You know, it is. And I'm engaged to her. Not you. So, watch how you talk about her."

She stops laughing,"Damn. Ok. Whatever."

I roll my eyes and pull on my pants and shirt. My hands run through my hair and I look back at Amanda.

"I'm sorry, I'm just stressed with everything. I have to go."

With that I grab my stuff and leave. I know I'm a jerk for using her for just sex, but what am I going to tell her, 'Oh you know, I'm just using you for sex, so don't expect a relationship out of this. Or anything at all from this'

God, I'm a serious screw up. I look back at my phone, it's almost 5 so I start driving home. You know, I never felt this empty when I'm with Whiskey. Is it my guilt, or maybe, just maybe, Whiskey has taken too much from me that now she literally has become a part of me...

-Whiskey's P.O.V.-

My phone buzzes and I check it. It's from Robert.

~Key, I really need to talk to you.

God, he's so attractive but no, spending today with Spencer has shown me that the things we truly love, we can never let go. And I can't let go of Adam.

~Sorry, I just don't think this is going to work... You were a lot of fun.

He texts me back:

~Really!?!Wow, that's exactly what I was thinking. So I guess this is goodbye.

~Yea.

"Mom, can we go swimming?" Spencer asks as he and Sydney stare out the back door at the pool, their eyes glued on the glass.

I laugh,"Sure I guess, but are you sure you guys wanna go out in your clothes?"

They look at me and nod their heads in sync.

I laugh, and proceed to open the door. They bolt out and jump into the pool, screaming and howling.

I run after them and jump in. Soon after I'm follwed by two other splashes.

"Spencer, this is Bones and Ky," Sydney says as the dogs swim towards her.

Sydney throws a ball to Spencer who throws a ball to me, and we engage in a game of keep away with the dogs.

For some reason I feel lighter ever since I texted Robert. It's like now that that FWB relationship is over, I don't feel the burden anymore.

I almost get hit by the ball if I hadn't look up from my day dreaming.

****

"Ok guy, it's almost 9 you guys, we should get out and get ready for bed.

"But mom!" Sydney and Spencer whine.

-Adam's P.O.V.-

I walk into the kitchen and it's empty, I see the lights in the backyard are on. I put down my wallet and put down my phone and walk towards the back door. I can see Whiskey's Italian side as she appears to be coaxing the kids out of the pool. Spencer looks so much like his dad now. Yet him and Syndey look so different yet so alike. It's actually kinda strange to think they had different dads.

A crazy thought invades my mind as I take off my shoes and socks and open the door and run towards the pool. I jump in just inches away from Whiskey. When I come up for air I look at her and see a huge smile on her face.

"You scared the shit out of me!" Whiskey shouts as she playfully hits my shoulder.

I laugh,"That was the point!"

"Daddy!" Syndey shouts, as she swims over to give me a hug.

She shakes her head and laughs,"Oh, Spencer this is Adam, He's Sydney's dad."

I nod at Spencer,"Hi Spencer."

He looks at me and smiles,"Hi Adam," He looks at Whiskey,"What game do we play now?"

"Marco polo? I'll go first" I volunteer. They all look at me and agree. I close my eyes and start to count.

***

I look at my watch, and turn to Whiskey,"Hey honey it's almost 11, should we put them to bed now?"

She nods,"Yea, we should. Ok guys! I let you guys stay in longer, now it's time to go to bed."

-Whiskey's P.O.V.-

They groan and moan, but eventualy their little bodies emerge from the water and they wrap themselves in towels. It got chilly so the kids run inside the warm house.

Adam and I take our time walking to get our towels. 

"So, how were the boys?" I ask Adam.

He shrugs,"Eh, they were ok, I just wasn't feeling it today."

I nod and look down at my feet to see where I'm walking and ironically, my foot steps in a puddle, making me slip backwards.

Before I'm able to hit the ground, strong hands are on my shoulders, cutting my fall short, so that I'm just hanging inches above the ground.

I lift my chin up to Adam and smile,"Thank you."

He just blinks and smiles back,"No problem."

But I see a flash of sadness, and confliction in his eyes. I lift myself up and just wrap my arms around him, embracing him.

"You look like you need a hug," I say, letting my head rest on his chest. His arms reach around me too and he rests his head on mine. I can feel his warmth through the wetness and chill. 

-Sydney's P.O.V.-

"What's taking them so long?" Spencer asks me. I shrug and we look out the window to the pool.

Mom and dad are holding each other. They look like, if they let go, something bad might happen. I've never seen them hug like that. Usually its a quick hug, but this is like when mom hugs me good night and she doesn't want to let me go.

"What are they doing?" Spencer asks me again.

I look at him,"Mom is showing my dad that she loves him."