Chapter 3

-Whiskey's P.O.V.-

"Adam, can you pass me the pancake batter?" I ask him, pinching his ass through his shorts.

He turns and laughs,"Kinky already? Sure, here you go."

I take the batter and pour it onto the gridle. As I turn to put the bowl on the counter Adam bumps into me, making me gasp as some batter splashes on my face. 

"What was that?" I ask him still stunned. The batter starts to drip onto lips from my nose.

"A reason to lick food off you," He says winking. I laugh and shake my head as I wipe my face off with a dish cloth.

I put the cloth down and start to rinse it, out of the corner of my eye I see Adam smile.

"You missed a spot."

He locks lips with me, his tongue brushes against my lower lip as he lips up the remainder of the batter. He pulls back and smiles.

"That's better."

"Mmmmhmmm," I murmur.

"Good morning mommy," Sydney says in a sleepy cute voice as she rubs her eyes.

"Good morning baby," I chirp. I whisper into Adam's ear,"We'll continue this later."

"Good morning daddy," Sydney says, waddling over to Adam. He bends down to hug her,"Good morning beautiful. How was your first night with mommy and daddy?"

Sydney shrugs and looks at me,"It was ok, but I'm really hungry now."

Adam picks her up and carries her to the table,"Well, it's a good thing that your hungry, cuz' mommy and I made pancakes for you."

I take her plate to her as Adam sits her down on her booster seat,"Here you go."

I carry Adam's and my plate to the table.

"Thank you babe," Adam says grabbing my hand and kssing my cheek. I can feel the blood rush to my cheeks as his beard brushes against my cheek. It never ceases to make me feel silly like a teenager.

My fork nearly makes it into my pancake before I'm scared shitless.

"Wait!" Sydney yells, scaring the crap out of both Adam and me. She reaches out and grabs my hand and reaches for Adam's hand,"We have to pray first. Grandma says we have to thank god for waking us up in the morning and for everything we have."

I'm alittle taken back,"Um, ok, um, yea sure."

She nods, closes her eyes and bows her head, so Adam and I follow suit as she starts to whisper,"Good morning God, thank you for waking us up this morning and for giving me this great breakfast and for everything. I really want to thank you for answering my prayer and letting me have my mommy and daddy back, I really did miss them alot. Amen."

Tears start to swell in my eyes. I can't believe my little girl is growing up to be such a beautiful soul. I look up at Adam and I see he's having the same reaction as I am. I start to blink repeatedly, trying to keep my tears locked away.

Adam looks at Sydney, gently runs his hand over her wavey hair,"That was a beautiful prayer."

A smile spreads across my face as Sydney's face lights up,"Thank you daddy."

"Let's dig in," I say grabbing my fork and diving into my breakfast.

Half way through the meal Adam breaks the sound of only munching,"So what should we do today girls?"

"I don't know," I say shrugging and turning to Sydney,"What do you want to do today?"

She swallows her food and starts to put on a thinking face. Her facial muscles look like they are having spamsms as she thinks hard on what she wants to do. Her eyebrows are making ripples like the ocean and her forehead is creased.

"Are you ok?" Adam asks her, tilting his head to the side.

"Yea," she says nodding," I want to go to Sea World."

"Sea World?" I parrot.

"Yup, Sea World," she says smiling,"I want to see Shamu!"

"Sea World it is!" Adam says cheerfully. I reach over and grab his hand. Wow. We are finally a family.

"Let's get ready then!" I shout playfully, jumping out of my chair.