Chapter One: Shattered

The last bell echoed through my head as the class dashed for the front doors. I just casually made my way towards the creepateria until I felt a slight tug at my shoulder.

"Hey Frankie, do you want to hang out with Raven Queen and I today?"

My best friend Jacklyn Jekyll asked me with a smile. Sure Jacklyn was a grade younger than me, but don't let that fool you. She's a lot tougher than she looks. It was rumored that she once took out the whole graveyard grates team with a single punch due to them harassing her because of how beautiful she was. I agree with those guys though, she is very beautiful with her long silky brown hair and those shimmering grey eyes of hers. I hate to admit but I often get Jacklyn confused with Cerise Hood, the daughter of little red riding hood due to how similar they resemble one another.

"Oh no thank you Jacklyn, I am actually meeting someone right now," I responded to her feeling a little bad.

"Really? Who is it?" She asked with curiosity.

"Let me guess, Neighthan? Am I right?" Raven Queen came in from behind us.

I looked down as I felt a tiny spark shooting out of my bolts.

"M-maybe.."

Jacklyn looked down in disappointment.

"I don't trust that guy, I get weird vibes from him," Raven snarled.

"I am sorry guys but he wanted to talk to me and I have to meet him in the creepateria right now. But I promise you both we will have a ghouls night out tomorrow," I shouted as I headed towards the creepateria.

********************************************

"Ugh...what do you mean you've made up your mind?" A werecat with a fierce attitude problem responded to the zombie unicorn's final answer.

"That's right Toralei, I'm sorry but I've made up my mind...," Neighthan looked down with guilt.

"But what about us?" Toralei exclaimed.

Neighthan puts his hands on her shoulders.

"I'm so sorry Toralei, but it's time for me to move on.."

Toralei pulls her body close to feel his embrace in hers.

"N-no! Please don't do this Neighthan...I still love you..."

Neighthan becomes quickly stunned by her words as they both lean in with a passionate kiss, only to see an emotionless Frankie standing in the doorway of the creepateria.

My body couldn't move. No matter how hard I wanted to scream...No matter how hard I wanted to cry... I just couldn't break down, not there in front of them at least.

"I... I don't understand...," I said as my hand began to tremble.

Neighthan looked at me with his cold glare.

"I am sorry Frankie...I guess I've made up my mind," he responded, reaching towards Toralei's hand.

I couldn't take it anymore, I made a run for it. I couldn't believe what just happened to me. I've never felt so betrayed, so humiliated. I just wanted to override my circuits, but harming myself wouldn't relieve the pain. I entered into the school courtyard as I buried my head on a nearby table. All I could think was"Why?" "Why did he lead me on? Am I not suitable for him...?"I buried my head even deeper into my arms. Perhaps I was never meant to fall in love. "Don't waste your tears!"

I quickly turned around to see a shadow in the distance. It grew closer as it slowly began to reveal the who was behind the shadow.

I couldn't see the boy's face due to my mascara bleeding into my eyes, but I felt his presence right in front of me.

"It's pathetic to cry over a stupid guy. It shows that you are weak and immature to handle a relationship," he said coldly.

I start to spark at the bolts due to his harsh remark.

"Who are you calling weak?!" I shouted.

I can hear his arms shift, "At least I'm not the one crying over being dumped."

I rub my eyes even more as I sat up quietly.

"You are better than that, don't settle yourself for less," I heard his voice calm downed I finally was able to clear my vision. But when I looked up, he was gone. I sat up, giving a little smirk, whispering "thank you" as I gathered my stuff and headed home.