Chapter 5

Mom calls me from downstairs and reminds me that in two hours, we're going to Bella's wedding rehearsal. Then it hits me. Today is finally the day.

Today's the day we finally meet after all this time. Even thinking about it makes my stomach turn.

I sigh and look at my reflection in the mirror. I'm not in the emotional or physical state to see her today. Not now. Not like this.

I push aside that thought. It's okay. Everything will turn out to be fine.

Next thing I know, I'm looking through the wardrobe to see if I find something decent to wear. The truth is that if I can get the chance to impress her, then that's what I'll do.

I sound so desperate. I choose some social clothes and put them in the bed.

That's it. That's what I'll wear today.

But suddenly, the shirt seems way too mainstream and the tie does not match the pants. I look one more time through the closet before picking out one more outfit.

I feel like it's the right one.

I walk to the bathroom and shave. When I'm done, I look satisfied at my reflection. I hope I don't mess up things.

Years have passed and somehow, I'm still the boy who was too scared to talk to her. A girl has never had so much effect on me.

But she isn't any girl. She the only girl who has myself in her hands.

I take a hot shower and dress myself up. I laugh alone at the way I remember of how she'd always call me Ty.

I quickly push that thought away. If I want to start something, I can't keep remembering the past. The past is on the past and we're not the same teenagers anymore.

I go downstairs and see Angela and Aiden all dressed up. Both of them are playing Homefront: The Evolution and Angela is bragging how she always wins him.

Mom is desperately looking for her heels and dad is asking everyone what tie matches best his outfit.

Aiden looks at me once more before throwing me a questioning look.

"Holy shit, Ty Ty. Is that the Prada suit you bought when I went there to Washington?" He asked and I just shrugged in reply.

"I don't know. I just got the first one I saw." I lie, rolling my eyes at his shock.

Aiden looks at me from head to toe. "I remember when we bought those pants also." Aiden smirks. "It was in one of the bests stores of Washington. And it cost some bills." He laughs.

I just roll my eyes once more.

"You're trying to impress Stephy, aren't you?" He points at me.

"Oh, please." I force a laugh. "It's been ages since I last saw her. Why the hell would I want to impress her?"

"Because you love her, stupid. And when you love someone, you want that someone to notice you." Aiden says and I simply roll my eyes for the tenth time today.

Am I so obvious that everyone sees right through me?

I grab the keys from my pocket from the car that I rented for the time I'll be staying here. It's a Jeep Wrangler and I'm kind of thinking about buying one once I'm back in Washington.

I announce that I'm going alone and they all nod. Mom is going with dad in their car and Aiden is going with Angela in their car.

We all get in our own cars and as soon as I'm in, I turn on the radio and try to relax.

"It's okay," I repeat to myself. "She is just a girl." I sigh.

"Actually, she's the girl, but it doesn't make such a big difference." I whisper. "Okay, it does." I say.

It takes me some minutes to realize that I'm talking to myself. I try to convince myself that everything will turn out to be fine.

I follow mom and dad on the street until we arrive on a hotel. It's really big and mom says that the wedding rehearsal will be on the last step, having the whole city as a view.

We go up the elevator and the palms of my hands start to get sweaty. I just take a deep breath as the elevator door opens to reveal an elegant party.

There are a lot of people and I spot Bella and Zachary sitting down in the middle of the place.

Mom beams and walks towards to her. All of the confidence I thought I had vanishes in seconds and I don't know what to do anymore, so I just follow her.

"Bella, my darling." She smiles. Bella walks up to her and hugs her. "You are so grown up. I remember seeing you grow up, and now you're here, about to get married in some weeks." She says.

Bella laughs and says something I don't quite understand, because I'm too busy searching for her. Until I find her, sitting down in a table and laughing.

Oh, God. She is so fucking beautiful.

I smile to myself as I remember of how much I always thought her laugh should be played in the radio.

She's still laughing when she turns to face me. She looks at me, with a smile on her face.

She says something to the person beside her and gets up of her seat. She's wearing a dress that endangers the whole crowd and I just have no words for all of this.

I can feel my breaths getting shorter as she approaches me.

"Tyler," she smiles and hugs me. I feel a bit surprised by what she does, but all I do is do what I have been wanting to do since four years ago, but never had the chance to.

"Stephanie," I say and realize how weird it sounds calling her by her full name.

She asks me how I'm doing and I reply I'm fine, not meaning it. I ask her the same and she tells me that everything has been perfect for her back in LA.

We walk back to the where the bride and groom are sitting and we say hi to everyone.

A short time passes and we sit down to talk more. She tells me about her life and of how she is going to write a book now. I ask her what's it about and she says it's about the things that fascinate her. I say I'm happy for her and she says she's happy for me and some minutes later, I ask her to dance.

She laughs a little and I feel her cheeks blushing a little and so I take her to the middle of the room, where people are dancing.

Another Love by Tom Odell starts playing and I almost forget about life when I'm holding her in my arms. She laughs a little and she tells me how much we've changed and somehow, I can't agree more.

I finally tell her I'm tragically sorry for being everything she didn't deserve some years ago and she tells me it's ok, because that was what made her really happy.

I can't quite understand what she means, so I just keep quiet. She tells me that Cameron couldn't come and that he will attend the official wedding.

It just looks like it's 4 years ago and she's S and I'm Ty and we're just dancing, until the music stops and I remind myself that this is reality.

She says she'll go to the ladies' room and I can't help to ask myself how the fuck can someone be so appallingly nonsensical like I was some years ago and let someone as incredibly and unexplainably fascinating as her go.

---
Cameron will be back in some updates!

Hope the chapter wasn't too suckass. Luvv u all❤️

Jas, xx.

I just got a zero in my physics test, yet I am still uploading this. I better not repeat a grade, or else I'll want to die.