Chapter 3

I catch myself silently praying in the back of my mind that she won't see me here. And she doesn't.

The light goes green and she crosses the street, her head never stopping to bob according to the beat of her music. For a split second, she turns back a little and looks at the disco store. She looks so hopelessly gorgeous standing there, with the sun hitting her face and I feel the untamable urge to go there and kiss the living daylight out of her, but she is art and I'm just a simple art lover, so she turns back and keeps on walking and I just think of how she is still capable of making feel like the world is rushing through my veins and of how after all of these mileniumns of men's existence in this earth, trying to explain everything that goes around us, but when it comes to love, it's something we can't seem to figure out.

I feel a gnawl at the pit of my stomach, but I simply ignore it as I watch her walk away. The anticipation to see her is killing me, but I don't do anything stupid like running after her. I don't want to make the same mistake again. I don't want to take the chance of ruining something that hasn't even started.

I let out a deep breath and look at the old discos in my front. This store is the kind of store that transforms contemporary music into discos. I cringe as soon as I see one of The Fray's album. The number one song is You Found Me.

I quickly tuck it in the back of the shelf. I hope he's not here, Cameron.

Every time I see him, I think about how he's got everything I ever wanted. He earned her friendship, her trust and even her love I might dare to think. If by any means there's a possibility of the two being together, I'll catch the first flight back to Boston.

I don't think I'd bear to see something as that.

I grab my phone from my pocket and dial Aiden's number and ask him to pick me up.

After a few minutes later, he comes and I tell him everything that happened. It seems like I went back to being a teenager and asking him counsels about girls. He laughs and we stop for a hot dog and drive home and not one minute passes by that I don't have her smile stamped in my mind.

***

I put my phone and my wallet in my pocket before rushing downstairs. I slept a little last night, but my mind is still sleepy. Mom is in a hurry to buy Bella's wedding present and she just decided I should go with her to help her choose something.

The truth is that I have no idea what I should buy. Maybe some baby clothes or something like that, imagining that some months from now, she will probably get pregnant or so.

Mom said she wants to be the one to give out the best present, so I'm guessing dad will be the one to pay the most expensive object of the store.

Mom insisted I'd go with her in the car, so I simply said yes. She starts driving and after some few minutes, she becomes completely tense with the questioning of which store is better.

We spot a French souvenir store and I convince her to pull in and check what they have. She does that and we walk in. The place is quiet, yet you can hear some calm Carla Bruni music playing from the back. Mom looks around and finds a huge frame that she seems to adore. She tells me this is the right gift for Bella and when I look at the price tag, I almost choke.

It's 2952 dollars. Only for one frame. Mom tells me to call the attender and I walk up to the front of the store to try to look for someone.

I see a small bell placed in the balcony and I ring it a couple of times.

A girl walks out of the inner room and looks at me. It takes me some moments to register, but when I look at her closer, my eyes widen almost automatically.

There's Sophie, with now pink and black hair. She looks kind of like she did some years ago, except for the height. She's grown a little more

When she looks at me, her eyes widen and we just stand there, staring at each other, none of us with enough courage to say a word.

-
Soooo sorry for the suckass chapter! More and better ones shall come tomorrow! Love you guys,

Jas, XX.