25

The prison was suddenly silent. All of the noise just seemed to stop as fast as it started.

Ali looked towards Shane as she bit her bottom lip, knowing that the silence could only be either good or bad. As if silently agreeing, Shane and Ali both stood up as he grabbed the weapon from the bedside table. Making sure it was loaded, Shane took the lead with Ali following closely behind. Her bandaged fists were clenched ready to connect with anything that could pose a threat.However, due to her injured side, Shane wasn't sure if Ali could put up a fight against anything remotely fast so he made sure to be ready to defend them both.

Their steps echoing off the cold walls of the prison seemed to be the only sound. Goosebumps ghosted over Ali's skin as adrenaline slowly crept into her system. Every shadow caught her eye and every little noise made her jump.

"Did you lock the entrance?" Shane whispered, taking a quick glance at the blonde who was nodding her head.

"First chance I got."

Without warning, a hand grabbed Ali's shoulder. In one swift movement, she pivoted on her heel and smashed her fist against the attacker's nose.

Rick cried out in pain, stumbling backwards and hands flailing to clutch his nose.

"Oh my gosh!", Ali gasped. She pulled his hands away to see blood pouring down his face. "I'm so sorry."

Rick breathed out a laugh and shook his head. "It's alright. It's my fault for scaring you."

Ali frowned and took him to the cell her and her brother were previously sitting in. Grabbing the first aid kit, she ordered him to sit down and moved to stand in between his legs. She immediately began trying to wipe the blood which only kept coming back.

She gently held a clean cloth over his nose, tilting his head back.

"Is it over?" Shane questioned, standing with his back against the opposite wall. The pained grin which then took over Rick's features confirmed his suspicions.

"Daryl and Glenn are busy cleaning up the bodies." Rick informed.

Ali's hand pressed a little too hard when the word 'bodies' fell from his lips and made him wince in pain.

"Sorry." She mumbled. Clearing her throat, she used her left hand to tilt his head up to look at her. "Where's Carl?"

"Safe. He and Belle went get Judith and Hershel."

Hershel and Judith had been taken a short distance away from the prison. Hershel being the weaker one of the group, offered to look after the girl (Rick and Ali's worry being put to rest).

Ali nodded her head as she placed a weak kiss to his forehead. The images of the Governor's neck being sliced and the blood pouring out began to plague her mind but Rick's voice pulled her back, as if sensing the anxiety beginning to wash through her body. "It's over."

After a moment, Ali smiled. "It's over."