0.5;- 22nd August

My name is Naomi Alice Irwin. I'm 15 and 4 months. I have a life threatning disease called Cancer, to be more specific, its nonmelanoma skin cancer, which doesn't respond to treatment easily and it has effected my legs.

My name is Lucas Robert Hemmings. I'm 16 and 2 months. I have a life threatening disease known as Cancer. It's commonly known as Chronic Leukemia, it was formed in my bone marrow and it effects my white blood cells.
-***-

Hospitals reminded me of death. When my mom died of Leukemia, I didn't expect to hate hospitals so much. Its been 5 years since moms death. She died 5 years ago today. The 22nd of August was a day I wanted to spend in solitude, just me and the sounds of my music drowning out the static sounds of the city. I wanted to be alone, but Luke wouldn't let me.

In his hairless state, I couldn't even look at him today because it reminded me of how bad mom was. His hair had completely fell out, leaving him bald and dishevelled. I cared about Luke a great deal, but seeing him like this made my stomach churn because I had been through this before, and I knew that it would end. All the happiness would be drained from me, without Luke I wouldn't be able to cope.

In the past 2 months of knowing him, I had grown attached for all the wrong reasons. I loved the way he still pulled through, even in this pain, he carried on like it was nothing. I loved the way he joked about death as if it wouldn't hit him; as if he was immortal. I loved the way a smile would grow upon his chapped lips as greenday started to play.

I loved him, more than anyone else currently in my life.

-
I despised hospitals. From the way looked to the way they smelt. I remembered the day callum died. The 22nd August, today was the 5 year anniversary of his death. Everyone I know knew about it, everyone except Naomi. Naomi had become distant, and today it was worse. She wanted to be alone, whereas I couldn't be alone because all I could think about was Cal. He was my bestfriend since I was 2 years old. He died when I was 11. He died of lung cancer.

Naomi couldnt even look at me when I cuddled her. She was upset, and I didn't know why. I blamed myself, in my hairless state I'd understand, I had become attached to her in the past 2 months and I'd be sad too. I cared for her so much but I knew I was going to die, I could feel it and it was only a matter of time.

Naomi had made me happy these past 2 months, she made me want to live although I'm dying. I had grown attached to her for all the wrong reasons. I loved the way she joked about death, the way she would jam along to the sounds of greenday and the way her face lit up when she saw me.

I loved her, more than I loved my mom and greenday.

-

Today was the 22nd of August, today was the day Naomi's mother, Rae had died. Today was the day Luke's bestfriend, Calum had died.

and today they fell in love.