0.3;Mr. Snuggles the stuffed penguin.

When me and Luke had woken up, I noticed the beam of sunlight contrast onto both of our faces.

I leaned up slightly, to try and have a better look at his face. He was pale, almost snow-white. I couldn't help but notice how prominent his cheekbones were, it honestly scared me because it seemed like he had been dying longer than I had.

And for some reason, I didn't want him to go through this.

As I stared at the beautiful boy in front of me, I lowered my face to his, planting a small kiss on his cheek. To which he woke slightly, to see my face stunned, and shocked because of what I had just done.

"Naomi dearest, did you just kiss my cheek?" He asked nervously, as if he was stepping on thin ice.

"Oh.. Was that bad? I can't exactly take it back now.. I'm sorry I don't know what I was thinking. You just looked so perfect in the sunlight, I'm sorry." I hid my face in embarrassment, but Luke didn't seem to care as he cupped my face to bring it towards his own.

His next actions were completely mind melting.

He leant towards me, placing his lips upon my own. I internally gasped, shocked at his actions before I leant into the kiss, our lips moulding as one. Nothing could describe this feeling, it felt like I was floating on a cloud, and Luke was the cloud that held me into the sky, letting me soar infinitely through dimensions of time and space.

The kiss was slow and passionate, yet soothing as he held my hand, while with the other he traced circles into my collarbones, forcing the moans from inside my body.

This was the closest I had ever been with a boy, and I didn't regret it one bit.

That was until an elderly figure of a female walked into Luke's section of the curtain.

My head snapped up and away from Luke's, our lips pink and swollen. The female figure laughed slightly at our actions, although me and Luke were pretty embarrassed.

"Lucas, there's no need to be embarrassed. But hello to you, and hello to you little miss. I'm Liz, Luke's mother and what a pleasure it is to meet you." She smiled wildly at me and Luke while Luke buried his head into his pillows.

"Oh, hi Liz, l'm Naomi. And it's a pleasure to meet you too." I chuckled nervously at the beautiful female sitting beside Luke's bed.

"Luke are you going to sit there and be a lazy ass or are you actually going to be a gentleman for once? Please dear Naomi, ignore my sons rude actions, he's probably a bit embarrassed that I caught you two in the middle of something." She shook her head at how amusing this was, with her smile still plastered on her face.

"Please ignore my mum Nomes, she's annoying and always walks in on situations like this, just ask Jack and Ben." Luke giggled nervously, returning from his pillows to meet face to face with his mother.

"Who are Jack and Ben?" I asked cautiously, afraid I was going to break this small relationship I had with the two people that had just recently come into my life.

"They're my other sons dear, they're older than Luke, so he's technically my baby." She giggled at her words, while Luke silently gagged in his bed.

"Oh, they sound lovely." I nervously laughed.

"Dearest they are, so where are your parents? If you don't mind me asking? Normally everyone's parents comes around this time." She asked me, afraid she too was about to break the bond that had just been created.

"Oh. My.. Mum died a while ago and my dad doesn't normally come to see me." I looked off into the distant sky, hoping she wouldn't ask more. Thankfully, she didn't.

"Oh dear, I'm terribly sorry to hear that. If perhaps you wouldn't mind, I could come and visit you too while you're with Luke? I could ask the nurses if they'd be able to put you two in a room by yourselves instead of sharing with everyone else? If you'd like that of course?" While she asked me all this questions, I tried to think of a smart answer.

"Thank you Liz, you honestly don't need to but I wouldn't mind it. And it's not really up to me about the room arrangements, it's up to Luke." I felt that this woman was going to become some sort of motherly figure in my life, something  of which I was not going to refuse.

"I don't mind Mum, it's up to the doctors after all. And Naomi, I'm really sorry about your mum." I sensed genuine concern in his voice, which made me place my hand on top of his, squeezing gently to acknowledge his sorries.

"Okay, I'll talk to them. In the meantime Luke I brought you some of your favourite foods, I can't always have you forcing this cheap hospital crap down your throat. My baby deserves the best food. And I hope you'll share it with Naomi. I also brought you some comics and I thought I'd bring Mr. Snuggles with me too." Luke cringed at his mothers words, but silently thanked her for his gifts. Although he wasn't very amused by his stuffed penguin.

"Mum! I told you not to bring Mr. Snuggles here!" Luke hid Mr. Snuggles in embarrassment, as Liz continued to laugh at his words.

"Anyway, I'm going to get going, if you do actually move you'll know about it soon. I have to be off to tend to my florist. I'll see you two lovebirds later!" And with that mother Liz walked out of the room.

Next chapter! I hope you enjoy!
Soph xx