0.1;"Hey, I'm Luke and I'm dying."

I've always hated hospitals, even when I was a little girl and we visited Mum regularly. I wasn't always sure why I hated them, they just seemed a little off.
***
I noticed the pale white walls when I woke up. Then I saw a blue curtain surrounding the bed I was in. A small red headed nurse approached me from behind the curtain. She smelt like cheap perfume and hairspray, the type to hide insecurities with layers of makeup. The small red head had a name; Lauren.

She greeted me as she approached me as she walked up to my bed, or as I liked to call it, my deathbed.

She checked my IV drip a few times, asking if it was okay or if it was loose, I just told her it was fine as she cautiously walked around me as if she was scared to catch what I had. I don't think she fully understood what it was like to be slowly dying.

She sighed at me, clearly she was fed up with her job, but I guess she had no choice but to help me out. I mean she was a nurse.

Finally, after she finished fussing, she stood at the left side of my bed, grinning. I was slightly confused, yet startled. Not many people liked the idea of smiling at a girl who was dying.

"I have good news." She spoke slowly. "The doctors have decided that everyone on this ward should have a friend. I know you are socially awkward, so we paired you with someone who.. Well he's nice."

Frowning at her, I took in her words. I realised what she had said. 'He.' I haven't spoke to any... Male since death was pretty much upon me. As she pulled back the curtain, I was silently grimacing at whom I'd been paired with.

The boy on the other side of the curtain had blonde hair that stuck out at odd angles, and blue eyes that seemed to have been drained of colour. He smirked at me before he opened his chapped lips. "Hey, I'm Luke and I'm dying."
****
An;
I'm actually really excited for this. I know I haven't posted anything in ages, it's due to me planning out new books and I'm still waiting for fangirltodeath to finally update bright, I made a deal with her.. So I'm sorry for that. Also idk if I'm carrying on invisible because I don't know what to write for it. Normally I'll think of an idea for a book at the beginning and sorta just work into it as I go along, but I've had no inspiration for it... And with good enough for Hemmings, it's sorta flopping and I need so much help when it comes to book covers so if any of you have any ideas and know how to use photoshop, please comment on this chapter and lemme know if you can help me and I'll do you a shoutout? :) I hope you like this, it's different and in no way related to the name of the book;) much love, soph xx