10•No longer kids

Hey guys sorry it's been a while since I last updated so I've made this one a little longer. Hope you enjoy it😊

¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤

Hope's pov.

It's only been 10 minutes since I last woke up and Newt and I sat alone in peaceful silence.

I've been wanting to ask him some stuff about me being a runner again but I think I already know the answer.

I remembered running and although it was tiring it made me feel free. Like I could run anywhere in the world with no responsibility. Made me have hope.

He sensed that there was someone that I wanted to say so he sat up in his chair and looked at me.

"What is it Hope? What's on your mind?"

"I want to be a runner again,"

His face fell and I knew that was a bad sign. The silence hung in the air like thick black smoke choking us.

"Hope..."

"I'm sorry I shouldn't of ask." I sighed kicking myself for asking.

He bit his lip and stared at me. His face held many emotions and I could tell he was talking to himself wondering something.

Every time he would think hard he would scrunch his lip up in his fingers and it would be the cutest thing. He did all these little things that he probably doesn't even notice.

His face held the same look that was on mine before, he wanted to say something. I inched closer to him and he raised his head to look at me.

His eyes held pain and sadness. I could tell whatever he wanted to tell me wasn't good.

"Look Hope, I want to tell you something,"

I nodded in respond telling him to go on. He shifted his position and I knew that whatever he was going to tell me would be something serious. He cleared his throat and started to explain his story.

Newt's p.o.v

It was a couple years ago and I'm finally going to tell Hope what happened to me. As I started to explain and describe the story of my past I started to visualize.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate this place.
I hate myself.
I hate living.

I ran further into the maze while the tears freely fell down my face. My chest ached and my vision blurred from tears.

Why am I here? I'm so worthless, Minho wouldn't even care if I died. I glanced at my opportunity. A vine.

Without even thinking I robotically climbed up the maze wall forgetting all of my once happy self. There is no hope in the place. There is no hope for me. I don't look down but just keep climbing.

All those months of pain and hate.
All those times of crying alone.
All the memories that I want to forget.
All the sadness, and it ends today.

I'm about halfway up the wall and without a second thought leap off of cement and finally feel free. For only a few second I felt at peace. Knowing I was going to die.

That soon ending as my body smashed against the cold hard ground and my leg busted with pain. Then I was out, all I saw was darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The tears stung my eyes as I finished explaining what happened to me. Hope stared at me not saying a word. She glanced down at my arms and I knew what she was looking for.

I pulled down the cloth that hung at my wrist and the many scars came into sight. I didn't know what Hope has gone through, a lot more than me but I know better than anyone else in this place.

I know what it's like to want to die, to hate yourself. I know how much it takes to finally break and how blissful it feels to make the skin bleed.

Hope ran her fingers gently along the faded white lines as if they still hurt. I can't imagine what's she gone through. I only know half of it.

'I can help you through this like Minho helped me. I can make your pain go away." I spoke hoping she could trust me enough to let me in. I don't want her to push me away.

She pushes everyone away even when she doesn't realize it, she does it. She pushes everyone who adores and loves her away so she can't hurt them or herself.

I covered up my arm away from her stares. Her hair hung flawlessly around her shaped face.

Such a soft skin, such delicate heart but it's been so roughly handled. I'm going to make sure W.C.K.D pay for doing this to us.

We are only kids. Kids who once played with toys and mud but now play with blades and hearts. We were innocent, now they have made boys become men and girls women.

Our bodies were small and our hearts big. They made us change. Now, our bodies are big and our hearts are torn.

¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤▪¤

Thank you everyone who commented on the last chapter and I apologies for taking so long with this one.

Tbh I'm quiet proud with the last two paragraphs. I made them up and are quiet happy with them! ♡♡