Birthday Surprise [HiroXReader]

"Hey, Aunt Cass!" You greeted, walking through the doors of the little painted lady café as the familiar bells jingled.

"Oh, hi, (Y/N)! What brings you here so early? You want anything for breakfast?" The middle aged woman greeted back behind the counter. The cafè was bustiling with customers even though it's like 8'o clock in the morning as it was a weekend.

"Thanks Aunt Cass, but it's okay. I'm here to see Hiro, he's upstairs, right?" You smiled, waiting for her answer as she was attending to her customers. Luckily, you had already eaten earlier that morning. You didn't want to trouble the sweet café owner.

"Yup, he's probably still asleep, but you could go check on him. It's his special day! Call me if you need anything!" She replied as she went back to her customers. You gave her a quick nod and you skipped up the stairs.

Upon reaching the doorway at the third flight of stairs, a feeling of excitement surged through you. You took a step in, and peeked. The 16-year-old, dark-haired boy just awoke, making his bed.

"Up so early today, birthday boy?" You teased him with a smug look on your face. He immediately turned towards the voice that was coming from you.

"AHHH! (Y/N)!?" The young boy with the bed-head jerked back, which made him fall back on his bed. "Jeez, (Y/N), don't scare me like that!" The boy yelped which made you giggle.

"Well, I wanted to surprise my best friend," You said with a big smile. You've met Hiro since you were 14. You and him had shared a close relationship ever since. "Anyways, go get changed. Don't wanna be late for your surprise!"

"What surprise?" Hiro said, grabbing his everyday clothes while walking to the bathroom.

"Oh, you'll see. I'll wait for you downstairs!" You said and you continued down the stairs when you heard a click from the bathroom door.

You helped Aunt Cass in the kitchen for some time while you waited for Hiro to come down. Not long later, you saw the 16-year-old coming down the stairs, putting his dark blue hoodie on. His hair was still messy as always.

"Do you ever brush your hair?" You giggle as he rolled his eyes. "It looks like a bird's nest, no offense."

"Oh c'mon. Now, what was the surprise you wanted to show me?" Hiro said with a smirk, grabbing the toast that Aunt Cass left for him on the counter. You just smiled at him while you dragged him out the door as the bells jingled.

"We might need to do a little walking." You said, releasing his wrist as you continued walking down the sidewalk.

"You sure you don't wanna see my moped driving skills?" Hiro smirked behind your back.

"I remember the last time you took me for a ride on that moped, genius. "You said, folding your arms. "And it wasn't pretty."

Hiro chuckled. "Fine. We'll walk."

Just like your best friend, you're also a kid prodigy, but you probably graduated high school later than Hiro.
You smiled at the memory where you first met Hiro at the SFIT. And that's where you're gonna bring him first. You led the raven-haired boy down the street until the SFIT campus was in sight.

"The SFIT? But it's a Sunday!" Hiro exclaimed.

"Calm down. Surprise, remember?" You reminded him as he chuckled. You walked through the doors of the SFIT with him and you immediately led him to your lab where a special present laid. You swung the lab door open, walking in as Hiro looked at your recent projects that were scattered everywhere.

"Wow. And I thought my lab was messy." He said as you giggled.

"I was so busy working on your gift that I didn't even have time to clean up." You said with a smirk.

"Aww, for me?" He said in a mocking tone as you rolled your eyes.

"Anyways, here, put on the blindfold." You said as you handed him a blue bandana.

"But-"

"Just put it on." You said firmly. Jeez, can this boy not be stubborn?

"Fine, fine." He said as he slipped the blindfold on his head. You went to get the present--all made by you--that was stashed in the cupboard full of tools and equipment.

"Okay, this might be a little heavy." You said as you put it in his hands.

"No way. NO WAY! Is it what I think it is?" Hiro exclaimed, taking off the blindfold. "YES! A hoverboard!"

"I'm glad you like it. Made it by myself." You said, obviously proud of yourself.

"Thank you so much!" The messy-haired boy said as he ingulfed you in a big hug as you feel your cheeks heat up a little. "But you're a hundred percent sure that it works?"

"Affirmative." You said, giggling. "C'mon, now for your next surprise."

"Another? I must be the luckiest boy in the world." He smirked. You and Hiro exited the SFIT and you led him to Fred's mansion where the gang is. Upon reaching the doorstep of the huge mansion, you rang the doorbell as Heathcliff, Fred's butler welcomed you and Hiro in.

"What are we doing here?" Hiro asked out of curiousity. "Obviously there's no one here!"

You flashed him a smile, but you remained silent as you led him to a large double door.

"What are you waiting for? Open the door!" You said excitedly as Hiro slowly pushed the heavy-looking doors open.

"SURPRISE!!!"

The gang, Honey, Gogo, Wasabi, Fred and Baymax were in the room. Even Aunt Cass was asked to come. Hiro looked like he was in plain shock, then his lips curled up, forming a grin.

"Guys. . .you did this all for me?" He said as everyone smiled.

"Well, it was mostly (Y/N)'s idea!" Honey said, walking over to put a hand on your shoulder as you felt your cheeks heat up.

"The hoverboard couldn't be enough, huh?" He asked as you blushed even harder.

"C'mon! Let's get this party started!" Fred shouted as everyone went to enjoy themselves.

You smiled at the accomplishment you made until you felt a hand on your shoulder. You turn around to see Hiro with a warm smile that showed his tooth gap.

"Hey (Y/N), thanks for. . .Y'know the party and everything. I really appreciate it. I haven't had a party this big for quite a long time now." He said, blushing slightly.

"No problem, that's what best friends do right?" You returned the smile.

"Y-yeah." He replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, here's another surprise." You said, kissing his cheek as he blushed bright red.

"Happy sweet sixteenth birthday, Hiro."