Saudade- part 2 [olderhiroxreader]

You stared into his chocolate brown eyes with shock in your own.

You blinked a few times, your brain trying to process if this person right in front of you was really Hiro. Thoughts rushing through your head, he gave you a smile as he slid in the seat opposite you. The smile was warm and comforting, just like it had always been.

"Hey," Hiro spoke up, waving a hand in your face.

You snapped out of your thoughts. "S-Sorry. I'm just- oh my god, it's been so long," You smiled at him as you scanned his features once more. He had definitely grown taller, his cheekbones more prominent and his hair had grown slightly longer. Not to mention, his shoulder got broader and he still had his lanky build too.

"See, I told you I'd keep my promise," He said gently, chuckling at your dumbstruck response.

You raised an eyebrow. "Huh? What promise?"

He chuckled once more. "Classic forgetfull (Y/N). You really haven't changed."

"Aw, c'mon, don't cry," Tadashi said, his thumb wiping away your tears. "Surely we'll meet again soon."

You sniffed as you rubbed your eyes. "Really?"

"Really," Hiro piped up, giving you a sad smile."We promise."

Your eyes widened as you flashbacked to that certain memory. "Oh yeah, that," You smiled at how both of you spend your time together as children. "I have so many questions, you have no idea."

"Same here," Hiro responded as he fiddled with his thumbs.

"Never thought I'd see you here," Both of you said in unison, followed by laughter that both of you hadn't shared in 5 years.

"Okay, okay. You go first," Hiro said as he looked straight at you, almost as if he was admiring your facial features.

"Right, how come you're in (C/N)? Is everything alright in San Fransokyo? How's Tadashi and Aunt Cass?" You blurted out the questions, as curious as ever for the answers.

"Wow, um, first, I'm here for a job application actually. Second, yes, San Fransokyo is still the same old town we used to live in. And third..."

He trailed off as he looked down, not sure what your reaction will be when he would tell you the news that happened about 4 years ago.

"...and third?" You questioned, trying to get his attention back.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N), but Aunt Cass is doing well," He replied with a sad smile as you dreaded whatever he was going to say next.

"What about...Tadashi?" You pushed on the subject, worry growing in your eyes.

Hiro looked down again, his smile vanishing. "Tadashi's...gone."

"W-What...?"

"He died in a fire at the institute about 4 years ago, (Y/N)," He muttered. Tears sprung to your eyes. You thought you'd really get to see him again, and yet, no one's told you about this? "I'm sorry that I'm the only one that's holding on to this promise till now."

A tear threatened to spill out of your eye as you quickly wiped it away. You'd never expect that 5 years ago was the last time you were going to see him, ever.

"Hey, hey, don't cry. That was a long time ago. You did say goodbye, remember?" He reached over to your end of the table to lift your chin. "I've gotten over it too."

You sniffed as his eyes bore into yours. "Y-Yeah," Nonetheless, you smiled back at him.

He slowly released his hand from your chin. "So...changing the topic, how's life here?"