Chapter 15

Something was off.

I couldn't exactly pin point what, but as I rolled myself over on my bed and latched my fingers into the cool sheet, pulling them so they were snuggled up into my chest, I soon discovered what was amiss in my bed.

The fact that this wasn't my bed.

No, as I found myself burying my face into the soft sheets, inhaling the familiar, woodsy scent through my nose and took notice to the calming sensations intertwined with a profound craving that soared through my body, I knew that it couldn't possibly be Zach's natural musk I was letting intoxicate me.

My eyes flew open as the swift realization pounded through my mind. My suspicions were only confirmed further as my eyes took in the odd sites surrounding me through the bedroom that was so clearly not mine.

At full tilt, I sprang myself up into the sitting position on the bed.

Instantaneously, a miserable pain sliced through my forehead, causing a hiss to push past my lips as I brought my hands up to cradle my hammering head.

What the heck?

Then, like a floodgate whose lock was finally set loose, memories and recollections washed through my mind, cluttering my brain with varying levels of astonishment and mortification.

Oh my god...

My trembling hand slowly crept up to cover over my parted lips as steam filled memories continues to flash through my mind.

I kissed Kaleb.

And he kissed me back; and then some.

"Oh my god," I whispered, my voice cracking towards the end as uncontainable humiliation overtook my every sense and thought.

Hot tears burned the back of my eyes and my throat constricted in agony as images of Kaleb's shirtless body moving over mine and our lips battling together in a desperate heat piled through my mind.

A small gasp, barely audible to the human ear, slipped past my lips and my eyes doubled in size as one very important, very mortifying event stuck out above the crowd of erotic memories.

I practically begged him to have sex with me...

And he denied me.

But not before giving me a mind shattering orgasm.

My body hummed in satisfaction while my mind thrashed about in dismay. I couldn't focus on what to feel, everything was too much. I was imploding within myself and I needed to leave before I broke entirely.

I wiped my hands across my dampened cheeks, ridding them of the ashamed tears that had fallen without permission. Keeping in mind the brutal headache I was sporting, I gently maneuvered myself out of the warm embrace of Kaleb's bed.

My feet met the cool carpet of Kaleb's bedroom floor and I had to fight the urge to curl my toes into the welcoming flooring. With a great haste countered by a stealthy tip toe, I made my way to the door and ever so slowly, cracked it open.

I felt my heart thrumming anxiously inside of my chest as I cautiously began to open the door.

My eyes took in the sights as they were revealed to me. A hallway that was bare of most decoration aside from the few art pieces that were scattered across the egg white walls appeared before me.

My feet took me down the hallway at a particularly leisurely pace, my mind still very aware that Kaleb could very well be lurking around any one of these strange corners.