Chapter 12

Pic of Meg up top!

I sat alone in the audience as Monday's rehearsal came to a close.

I liked it that way, especially since all day had consisted of people asking why I had run off stage so suddenly, disappearing for ten or so minutes.

Telling people that I just really had to use the bathroom was becoming old and I was tired of people asking if I had a bladder problem.

Yet, the thing that had been ruling my mind for the majority of the rehearsal was the irritating fact that Kaleb had not tried to talk to me once out of character.

Every time there was a break in a scene, I expected him to bombard me with the questions that everyone else had been all day long. But he didn't.

Kaleb was simply calm, cool, and collected throughout rehearsal, refusing to talk to me, refusing to acknowledge anything that had taken place at Friday's rehearsal.

And it bugged the ever living shit out of me.

Why? Why out of all times did he choose now to stop trying to weasel his way into my life? Was he scared off by the bruises? Did he get his sexual fill out of our bedroom scene and found no other use for me?

I couldn't for the life of me figure out the cause behind his sudden silence. On a few occasions, I caught him staring at me, always with a certain look buried so deeply behind his gaze that I found it impossible to decipher in the few seconds before he looked away.

And as I sat, brooding in my own swirling thoughts, I had come to the conclusion that it was better that way.

What happened on Friday... was despicable. I was despicable.

Kaleb's sensual words, the way his lips moved against my skin, his powerful fingers dominating touch all over my body... it was too much. He was too much for me.

Just because I was stunned and elated at the sudden explosion of awoken pleasure within me didn't give me the excuse to act the way I did.

I deserved the panic attack that came swiftly afterwards as a punishment for my actions. I needed to brutal reminder that I could never let myself get so lost in Kaleb again without being reprimanded.

"Hey!"

My mind was ripped out of its depressing reaffirmation's as Meg's voice cut through my thoughts.

Her bright eyes gleamed with joy and she bounced her way over to me, her short, dark hair bobbing up and down with every peppy step she took my way. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as she plopped herself down next to me without asking

"How's it going?" she asked with a wide grin.

"It's fine."

"You?" I asked to keep up the polite tone of the conversation even though I wanted nothing more than for it to cease existing as quickly as it came to life.

"I'm great! My birthday was actually on Saturday and Dave got me the most beautiful diamond bracelet with the sweetest message engraved on the charm," Meg gushed happily as the feeling of guilt quickly stormed my mind.

"I didn't know it was your birthday." I spared her a cursory, but genuine apologetic look.

"Oh, it's fine! I didn't tell anyone," Meg said with a kind smile as she leaned in closer to me. "It's not like I want the whole world knowing I'm aging another year," she whispered to me secretively and playfully, making me feel as though I was in on a very personal joke; as though her and I were the closest of friends.