Chapter 3: The Track

UNEDITED

__________________________

Chapter 3: The Track

"Who is she Cameron?" Venom laced my words as they slowly fell from my mouth.

"No one Abby, she was no one" Cameron tried to be sincere and his words made that seem true, but his eyes told a different story.

"Then why did you sleep with her!"

"I-I she came on to me! What was I supposed to do?! You would have done the same!"

"No Cameron, no I wouldn't have. We're done." My voice softened and I refused to look him in the eyes.

"But Abigail," he whispered, his voice wavered as he spoke "The guy always gets the girl..."

"No Cameron," my voice barely audible "Not this time he doesn't." With that I turned my back to him and began walking away.

Cameron grabbed my shoulder "Abby I..."

"Don't." I sounded weak and vulnerable, and right now that's what I was; weak. I pulled away from his grasp and refused to turn around. My heart shattered as I took each step. How could I have been so naïve? Was I really that blinded by his facade, his act, that I didn't see this coming?

I would never let myself get hurt again. I took all of my emotions, everything that I ever felt for Cameron, and put them in a box in the back of my mind. In that box held not only my feelings towards Cameron, but towards my parents as well. It held everything that I refused to show and then some. My face was blank and as I took one last look at him before rounding the corner, I locked that box and threw away the key.

**;-;**

I used to feel... Well feel in general when I thought about Cameron, but now I just felt completely numb. I sighed quietly before lugging my sleep deprived body out of bed, I was not going to waste a moment more of my time thinking about that jerk.

I tiptoed out of my room making sure that I didn't wake up Danny. The last thing I needed was a grumpy best friend to spend the day with.

**;-;**

After training I was actually pretty happy -and not the fake kind of happy that I show at school either. I felt genuinely happy and like hell if I wasn't going to show it. I had finally managed to do that damn roundhouse kick that Dev had been on my ass about for the past week and it felt great. Mainly because I got to show Dev what it felt like to fall flat on your ass multiple times in a row. Let's see how he likes walking around with a bruised tailbone.

I slipped out of my shorts and tank-top before letting down my loose ponytail and stepping into a warm shower, letting it relax my tense muscles. Dev had worked me like a dog today, trying to get me to bench one hundred pounds. He had already left the house to go to work though and he even let me take the day off from school to spend time with Danny, so I couldn't really complain.

Danny wouldn't be up for another hour so I should probably try and tame the beast known as my hair before we headed off to meet John at the track. John was the owner of the race track in town and he had promised me a summer job if I came this Friday and helped clean up a few things. We wouldn't have to be there until later tonight though so Danny and I would be able to hang out for awhile.

I hopped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body, scurrying into my bedroom to grab my clothes. I quickly grabbed my clothing, pausing to look at the sleeping figure next to me. Danny's jet black hair that was normally spiked was flattened a bit and he was snoring quietly. A smile etched its way onto my features and I silently made my way back to the bathroom.