Chapter 7: Bond, James Bond

UNEDITED

__________________________

Chapter 7: Bond, James Bond

"No Carter I understand. Yeah, yeah, love you too." I mumbled as I munched on some sunflower seeds that Alex had given me earlier, "You better be getting a promotion if they're going to keep making you stay after work all the time. No I'll just take the- Shit!" I groaned as I watched the school buses leave the parking lot.

"Sorry about that Carter. Yeah don't worry about it, I'll find a way home. Bye." I finished closing my little flip phone. I called it my brick phone based solely on the fact that if I were to throw it at a brick wall, nothing would happen to it other than a few scratches here and there.

The sky was filled with dark clouds and it seemed as if it would rain soon. I began walking towards the parking lot, letting out a heavy sigh when I realized that I'd be walking home. My house was approximately ten miles from the school. It would take me at least four and a half hours if I walked. However, Kyle had told me earlier about a bus stop only about a mile from here. Well I guess I was riding the bus after all. I sealed up my bag of sunflower seeds and slipped them into my batman backpack.

Just as I was about to walk out of the parking lot, something caught my eye. 

Ashton.

He was just a few yards away from me, sitting in a gray mustang with a girl on his lap. They were far too busy shoving their tongues down each others throats to notice that I was there.

A power line aligned with various birds hung above them. A sudden idea struck my head and I smirked to myself. It was time to get back at Ashton Clarke. For what, might you ask? Just for being an ass.

After I did what I was about to do there was no doubt in my mind that he would retaliate. I must not have been thinking clearly though, I mean who could blame me? When this kind of opportunity presents itself you don't just pass it up!

I grabbed my sunflower seeds from my backpack and began slowly walking towards Ashton's car, trying my best to not be seen. It wasn't really that difficult considering that his attention was focused more towards the slut in his lap than anything else. I rounded the back of his car and positioned myself at the back right door. Since he was sitting in the driver’s seat, he wouldn't be able to see me.

I quietly poured out the contents of my -rather large- bag of sunflower seeds onto the roof of his car. I peeked into his car just to be sure that he hadn't noticed. Thankfully he hadn't. I slung my backpack over my shoulders and took out my iPod from the front pouch, carefully unraveling my ear buds and slipping them back into my backpack. I pushed the recording button, aiming my iPod first towards the power line and then towards the roof of his car. I then aimed it inside of the car to show him and the girl that he was kissing. I turned the camera towards myself and put a finger on my lips.

I whistled, figuring that Ashton and his play toy wouldn't notice me. Aiming my iPod back toward the birds, I began throwing rocks at them that I had picked up off the ground. The birds went wild and dove towards me. I ran a few cars in front and focused the camera back on Ashton's car. The birds were covering where I had just been standing moments before. They circled around his car and began pecking at the roof.

Soon the number of birds had tripled and the girl in Ashton's car was screaming as she flung herself off of him and out of the car, Ashton not even making a move to go after her. Several of them dove at her, leaving not so nice surprises on her designer clothing. I kept the camera on her as she screamed and ran halfway across the parking lot before hopping in her own car and speeding away.

I aimed my iPod back on Ashton, his once gray car now covered in bird shit. I stifled a laugh as he slammed his hands on his the steering wheel. I turned the camera towards me and winked at it before stopping the video and quickly slipping it into my back pocket.