Chapter 6: You Should've Just Said Please

UNEDITED

__________________________

Chapter 6: You Should've Just Said Please

BEEP!

BEEP!

BEEP!

"Ugh." I groaned.

I took my hand and swatted at my beside dresser. I hit snooze on my obnoxiously loud alarm clock and looked at the time. It read: 5:00am. Damn it! I might hate sleeping, but I was still human and therefore had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind telling me to just be lazy and skip practice.

I decided against it though. Devon wouldn't take too kindly to me skipping out just because I was tired and an angry Dev ended badly no matter what way you looked at it. I yawned and stretched before getting my lazy ass out of bed. I threw on some clothes that had finally been moved to drawers in my dresser, and headed over to Dev so that he could drive me to our new training spot.

**;-;**

Training was a bitch, but Dev's sarcastic remarks and entertaining jokes made up for it.

Carter had just dropped me off at school -it was his turn to take me- and I sighed, knowing that I still didn't know the school well enough to get to my classes or locker for that matter even though I'd been here for a week. Ms. McDonald had walked into one of my classes a few days ago and handed me my locker combination and number, claiming that she had forgotten to give it to me the morning that we met. She hadn't exactly showed me where it was though, making it all the more complicated. Thankfully, it was pretty close to Kyle's so he showed it to me. It was nice to finally have some friends that didn't live almost three-thousand miles away.

I walked into English just as the warning bell sounded and walked over to Marissa. Apparently she was in this class, as she had told me last week at lunch. I walked over to Marissa's desk and she looked up at me shyly through her bangs. Her black hair was razored and she had that whole scene look going on. Her brown eyes were soft and she smiled sweetly at me.

"How's it going?" I asked, crouching down so that i was eye level with her

"Good" she squeaked. "I've got this really cool new album from 'Of Mice & Men'. Want to listen to it with me at lunch?"

"Yeah, sure." I nodded. The truth was that I'd only heard around four of their songs so I was looking forward to hearing a few more.

"Great!" Marissa beamed

I chuckled lightly and shook my head.

The late bell rang and students piled into the classroom. I stood up and headed to my desk. Ashton slipped in the door, just as Mrs. Clyde closed it, and walked over to me. He wore an expensive black fitted shirt and designer blue jeans. He slumped in the seat next to me, allowing me to look at his eye I had punched last week. It still looked like it hurt...

Eh, he deserved it.

"Eye looks like it's getting better." I observed.

Ashton just grunted and put is head down.

"So have you been sticking with the whole 'I got a black eye from the desk' story?" I smirked.

Ashton picked up his head and smirked right back at me.

"Actually it turns out that someone told everyone that I got it in a street fight." A smug look plastered itself on his face. He leaned closer to me and whispered in my ear. "If anything, you just made me look tougher than I already am. Not that I'd need to or anything."