Unfinished Business

You and I will always be unfinished business.

Letty sat in the corner of the room, her legs brought up to her chest gazing out towards the window as tears emerged from her eyes. She turned and saw a very peaceful and handsome Dominic sleeping. She knew she had made a huge mistake. She had cheated on Owen, the man whom she was going to marry in two days, who took care of her after she lost her baby, the man who stood by her side when no one else did, the man who loved her with all his heart and she had just taken all that and thrown it away.

She quickly got dressed fumbling as she did so. She walked up to where Dom lay.

"Goodbye Dom" she whispered. Her voice cracking. And then she ran out of his house, got in a cab and was off. She was going home. Going home to Owen. As she entered the house she rushed to her bedroom and found Owen sitting on the bed reading a book. The moment he saw her he hugged her and kissed her.
"I'm so sorry Owen, I never meant to run away like that"
"It's okay, your mom told me everything, I would have done the same as you"
"I promise I'll never leave you again"

He smiled and kissed her again. Letty decided at that moment she was going to be very happy with Owen.

"I love you Letty"
"I...I love you too"

He held her face in his hands and kissed her again and again. Letty held back her tears as she got reminded of how Dom would kiss her. She really wanted to be with Dom, but knew that it was never meant to be. Letty lay down with Owen, her face basking in his heat.

"So, you and Dom used to date?"
"It was a long time ago, I thought he was the one for me but it never worked out, besides after that I found you"

Owen smiled as Letty uttered those words.

It was late in the evening and Letty was making all the final arrangements for the wedding on the balcony of her apartment.

"Mind if I join you?" her mother asked as she handed Letty a mug of tea.
"Yeah, please do" she said taking a sip of the tea.
So, you're still going through with the wedding?"

Letty was silent. She knew she was forcing herself to marry Owen, she owed him that much.

"I guess I am"
"And what about Dom?"
"That was never meant to be ma, it was a silly dream. In reality Owen's the one for me"
"Nonsense, Letty do you even hear yourself?"
"Ma, I made my decision, I'm going to marry Owen whether you like it or not. He is the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with".

"You still love Dom!"

"I don't!" she said as she turned away.

She did love him. She always had and she always will. He was the man for her, he always was from the moment he saw her. They were a unit, a bond that could never be broken, not even by the gods above. Dom and Letty were a match made in heaven. Letty knew it. She did, she's always known it. At the same time she had Owen to think of as well. He had done so much for her. He dusted her off and told her she could move on from everything she's been through. She gulped and closed her eyes.

"I don't love him, I might have before but I've changed now"

Ana knew Letty was lying.

"You look me in the eye and tell me that you don't love Dominic"

Letty couldn't do it. It pained her to. She looked deep into her mother's eyes.

"I don't love Dominic Toretto" she said tears freely ran down her face.