Chapter 18

So I'm suprising y'all with an update! Don't let me down and Please still vote and comment?:)

Also the competition is still on!

Team Jake: 22 (total)

Team Trevor: 5 (total)

Hahaha Jake is winning by a lot... come on people vote:D hehehehehe Okay so the dedication goes to...

Congratulations lindsayorlo333!! :) Hahaha she is a very dedicated Team Jake fan:D

Okay guys.. SO this was an intense chapter...

Happy Reading:)

~Emmy<3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 18:

I was awoken by my alarm clock. I fought the urge to just shut off the dang thing but then I realized not waking up and going to work wouldn't help me at all. I needed to face my problems. Yes, I consider Jake a problem now. I didn't sleep at all last night. When he left I just laid in bed, staring at my ceiling, thinking about him. I couldn't get the hurt expression on his face out of my head. I wanted to forget about him, I wish I never had to get a summer job. I wish- I wish I never had to face him again, but I do.

I got ready for work, walked downstairs; skipping breakfast I just got straight into my car and drove to the Zoo. I went back into the employee lounge and saw him, sitting there. He didn't even look up at me. I tried to say hi, but I knew it was hopeless. All I heard was nothing, it reminded me of the song 'Nothing' by The Script. I was done with my training so now I could do things on my own. I went to the board and saw that I had feeding duty I looked to see what Animals I'd be feeding:

-Feed the Penguins

-Feed the Walruses

-Feed the Exotic Fish

-Feed the Sharks

'Wait, hold up... The sharks!?' I was scared out of my mind. I couldn't feed the sharks! I'm deathly afraid! Like seriously afraid.

I looked over at Jake though; he knew I was afraid of them. Well, if I ever wanted him I'd have to face my fears of hurting Trevor right? So, I should face one of my fears of sharks!

I walked over and started feeding the animals. I was walking as slowly as possible because I really didn't want the shark feeding to come any faster.

I was done with all of the animals besides the sharks. All I had to do was walk over to the platform and pour a certain amount of fish slowly into the tank at different sides of the platform so all of the sharks could get food. We only had four but they were very big and most at one point were wild so they still have a very dominant nature.

Gulping I walked up some of the stairs to get on the platform, since the sharks tank was taller than the rest of the tanks, this tank had stairs to get up to the platform with. Once I got up on the platform I saw that there was a railing along the platform near the floor, I sighed in relief that there was some safety. I was only about 20 feet up but it was still scary. I could see Jake underneath me, he was on cleaning duty and he was washing the outer portion of the sharks’ windows. Quite a coincidence that he would be stationed there at the same time I was.

I shook that off and focused my attention on the sharks. Taking a deep breath I tossed a good amount of fish into the tank. I heard some thrashing in the water but I was too scared to look. I walked a little to the middle of the tank's platform and threw the same amount in again. Again I heard more thrashing, which were obviously the sharks fighting for the fish. I walked over the far side of the platform and threw the rest of the fish in.

I took a deep breath and I was so happy that this was over. I started walking towards the stairs of the platform when I saw a fin rising through the water. I was sort of scared but I knew the shark wouldn't jump up at me. I giggled a little and I walked towards the stairs. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and slipped on some water. I gripped the railing but my feet flew underneath me and I was literally dangling from the side of the railing. There was only hard concrete floor underneath me. Thank goodness I wasn't in the water!

And then it suddenly hit me. I was dangling from the railing!

"Help!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "Help!" I kept screaming until I heard someone laugh sarcastically and rudely.

"Allison, I know you're afraid of sharks but- crap! Ally, don't move! I'm going to radio someone." The considerate voice said.

"I- okay. Who are you?" I asked, because I couldn't see.

"Ally its Jake." He said, then I heard a bunch of radio static and Jake spoke my name and where we were and what was going on. I could tell he was directly underneath me while he was calling for help to arrive.

After about another few minutes, which felt like days, my hands started feeling numb, and I was crying because my arms were hurting from holding myself up on the railing for so long.

"Ally, they're almost here, just hold on!" I heard a bit of urgency in Jake's voice.

My one hand slipped and I screamed. I shakily grabbed the railing with that hand again.

"Ally, please! Hold on!" Jake cried out.

"I can't, I just can't it hurts too much!" I shouted, with tears in my eyes.

"Ally please don't let go! They're coming! Please don't do this."

"Jake, I can't!" I replied. I could feel my fingers starting to lose their grip.

"Ally, I- I love you! If you hold on for another minute we can work out everything okay? We can be a couple! Just please don't let go! I can see the help coming please, don't let go!" I could hear him stuttering, and I assumed he might be crying, this thought made me cry harder.

"J-Jake!" I stuttered out. "I love y-you too!" I cried out before my fingers completely let go of the railing.

And then it all went black.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow.... What's going to happen next? Have any questions or comments? If you did or you just want to vote for a team OR you loved the chapter PLEASE comment and or vote? :)

Thanks Guys... You are the best!! <3