It's Not You, Its Your Skin Color.

Jayla Pov

It been a week since Luke and my date. He have been returning any of my calls or texts. And he been avoiding me un school skipping homeroom and forth period. He is also hanging out with a new group of friends. It like if we are not even dating.

Luke Pov

It been a week and I haven't talked to Jayla since are date. I wish I was a shame of us being two different races. One of the things I like about Jayla is causing me to stay away from her, her dark skin tone. Her skin color is so sexy, but still I am a shame of it. I decided to stay for lunch today.

Jayla Pov

"Why don't you eat lunch with us?" Rod said as him and Dee said as they walk up to me.

"Jazz going to be there too. " Dee said grabbing my hand and leading me to the lunch room.

"I heard you have a boyfriend , who is he?" Dee said as we walk into the cafeteria.

"I have no idea what you talking about. " I said lying. I know that Rod and Dee going to trip if they find out Luke and I arr dating.

When I walk in the cafeteria I see Luke and I know he sees me. He didn't wave so I didn't wave. I don't know what I did wrong for him to just blow me off.

"Hey guys."Jazz said as Dee, Rod and I took a seat.

"Hey." I said. Looking at Luke who sitting at the right side of the table im at.

"What wrong with you? "Jazz ask me.

"I guess its Luke. "Rod said getting my attention.

"Why would it be Luke. " I said

"Because you haven't stop looking at him since we walk in here." Dee said.

"I know. " I said

"What he do!" Rod said getting up from his seat and ready to fight.

"Nothing. " I said trying to calm down Rod.

"You know you like a sister to me. " Rod said sitting down but still starring at Luke.

"So why Luke and you not talking. "Jazz ask me.

"I don't know. He just stop talking to me." I said starring at him. I know he can feel me starring at him. I can't believe Luke is just sitting there with his friends and laughing away.

"You and Luke dating? " Dee said getting kind of upset.

"I going to go talk to him. " I said getting up from the table.

"They dating?" Dee ask Jazz.

As I walk up to the table Luke was sitting at things got quite.

"Luke can I talk to you. " I ask him.

"Yea. What is it? " Luke said looking confuse.

I know he was just acting, he know what exactly what im talking about.

"Alone. " I said.

"We can talk about later." Luke said turning his back toward me.

I can't believe Luke did that.

"Luke!." I said getting angry. I could feel people watching me as I getting louder.

"I said we can talk about it later. " Luke said rasing his voice and standing up getting into my face.

I don't know what got into Luke, but he will not disrespect me like this.

"Look you need to get the fuck out of her face now." Rod said getting in between Luke and I.

"It wouldn't be a problem if she would just listen. " Luke said getting into Rod face."And who are you? " Luke ask Rod.

"Im going to be the nigga with who put his foot up your ass if you talk this Jayla like that again. " Rod said not backing down.

"Jayla I will talk to you later. " Luke said calming down just a little bit.

"Why would you talk to me?" I ask him. Rod is still standing between Luke and I.

Luke Pov

Jayla was really pissing me off. All she have to do is listen and obey the rules I give her.

"It because you are black." I said finally, but getting everyone head to turn my way. I didnt mean to say it. It just slip and as soon as I said it Rod punches me dead in my face.

A fight broke out between Rod and I but it so got bigger my table was fighting a group of black boys who followed Dee, who help Rod to jump me. I was just going to let. Them jump me so I fought back.

"Stop." Jayla scream but no one stop we continue to fight.

A couple of students invitingly stop the fight before any teaches were able to see it. I have a cut right above my eye. Rod was in a pretty bad shape too, he have a black eye.

"This was your fault. " I said to Jayla as I walk pass her. I just want to go home and be a long. I was tried of fighting. I been fighting my whole life and I just want to quit.

When I got home I went straight to my bedroom. I didn't answer my dad when he ask me about the blood that was running down my face. I just laid in bed.

I hear my dad knocking on my door. I just can't get up to unlock it. I was mad, sad and regretful at the same time. I know I fuck this time. I know I did. Jayla is never going to talk to me again. I can't never show my face at that school again, because now I am known as the raciest.

"Luke! Son!" my dad called from behind the lock door. "Is this about your mother. " My dad said getting my attention. I haven't really think about my mother since she was murdered. It not a subject I want to think about. I miss her funeral, I just couldn't take it. I open the door to let my dad enter. Rachel wasn't here and Jamie is still at school.

"What happened? ." My dad ask me.

"I got into a fight at school today dad." I said sitting back on the edge of my bed and putting my head in my hands. The blood continue to drip down my face and into my hands.

"What happened this time. " my dad said taking a sit next to me. My dad is use to me fighting.

"I got jump. " I said finally getting up to watch the blood off of my face and cleaning up the cut.

"Can I ask why Son." My dad ask me.

"I told my girlfriend I didn't want to talk to her because she was black. " I said. My dad have no idea I had a girlfriend and now he know she black.

"Wow! Son. You really mess up this time." my dad said. I know he doesn't know what to say.

"You have to apologize to that girl." my dad said.

"The problem is I don't want to talk to her." I said.

"LUKE SHIA ADELSTEIN, YOU WILL APOLOGIZE TO THIS GIRL. " My dad said screaming at me. I know the neighbors could hear my dad screaming.

"I will as soon as see get home." I said walking to the window. Jayla is now pulling up into her driveway.

"I be back. " I said walking pass my dad.

He followed me outside the house. Jayla is still sitting inside her car.