I Think I'm Falling For You

Luke pov
I see Jayla walk out of her door, so I guess her aunt said yes, and I am glad.

"Hey Jayla." Jamie said as Jayla got in the car.

"Hey Jamie. "Jayla said back.

"Thank you for coming. " I told Jayla before pulling out the driveway. I am so glad she came with us.

"No problem. Jayla said, smiling at me through the mirror.

"So Jayla are you dating someone?" Jamie asks Jayla. Jamie stays going after girls.

"No, I'm single. " Jayla said, smiling.

"Wow. You are so beautiful. I'm surprised you are single. " Jamie said, getting into Jayla business.
"Okay Jamie. " I said. She always goes after the girls I like. This is why I can't bring females around.

"Jayla excuse my sister, she needs a man in her life. " I said, knowing that would piss her off.

"I do need somebody. " Jamie said looking at Jayla through the mirror. This girl is a hoe.
Jayla Pov

The thought of Jamie thinking I'm cute made me feel funny inside. It's like she wants me for herself, and I was cool with that. I am trying to get to her brother.

As we pull up to the mall. We see that it is packed with people. I hate when the mall is crowed, I just hope there no one from school here.

"So what your favorite store here?" Jamie ask me as we walk into the mall.

"Forever 21."I said to her as Luke walk behind us.

"So who all are we meeting?" Luke asks Jamie. "A few of my friends and a couple of people in your grade." Jamie said back to Luke. No one told me about us meeting people here. I didn't know we were meeting people. This changed everything. I want to be able to talk to Luke, and to become friends.

As we walk into the mall. Jamie leads us to a group of teens.

"This is Jayla and Luke." Jamie said, pointing at Luke and me.

"Hey Jayla." Sarah said. Sarah and I go way back, and I can't stand her. She is a dirty person, and she only cares for herself.
"Hey Sarah. " I said back, because I don't want to seem rude in front of Luke and Jamie.

Sarah use to be one of my best friend before we enter high school. High school can change people.

"Jayla, Luke, this is Sarah, Jessica, Matt and Eli." Jamie said to induce her friends.

Matt and Eli are in the same grade as Luke and I, and they are some cool people, so thank God they are here.

"What's up." Luke said to everyone in the group, but he only starred as Sarah. Hoe.

"I told you she was cute. " Jamie said loud enough for Luke could hear her.

"So Luke, you play any sports?" Matt asks Luke.

"Yeah. I played a little football and basketball." Luke said taking a seat next to Sarah leaving me a seat by Eli. I see he like them fast girls. Everybody had someone to talk to except me. I left to talk to Eli, and I didn't mine talking to Eli, because Eli is cute.

I see Luke and Sarah are talking like they been friends seen the third grade. Sarah and Luke got so comfortable with each other, so they go their own table leaving me basically by myself. The reason why I came out here was for spending times with Luke.

I text Rod to come get me by the time Luke come back to sit at the table with me. I can't believe Luke invented me for no reason. Maybe we shouldn't be friends, and we should just be school project.
I see Luke and Sarah are talking like they been friends seen the third grade. Sarah and Luke got so comfortable with each other, so they go their own table leaving me basically by myself. The reason why I came out here was for spending time with Luke.

I text Rod to come get me by the time Luke comes back to sit at the table with me. I can't believe Luke invented me for no reason. Maybe we shouldn't be friends, and we should just be school project.

"Where's Sarah?" I ask him as he took a seat by me. I am finishing with Luke, I see his true colors, he is also a hoe like Sarah.

"She had to go. " Luke said, wrapping his arm around me. As if we are close friends.

"I can't stay here all night. " I said, getting upset that he invited me for no reason. I got up from the table and I begin to walk away.

"Jayla I'm sorry. " Luke said, grabbing my hand to stop me.

"Let go walking around. " Luke said, holding his hand out for me.

"Rod is coming to get me." I said, hoping he would like me go.

"Well, call him and tell him that you change your mind. " Luke said getting loud at me. I could tell he was getting mad at me, but what for, he the one who made me feel like an outsider.

"Fine, but don't leave me again." I said, getting my cell out to text Rod that he didn't have to come get me.
Luke Pov
I know I was wrong leaving Jayla with Jamie and her friends. But Sarah kept begging me to talk to her alone. I know Sarah and I have nothing in common. She reminded me too much of Lauren. And I was just using Lauren for sex.

"So what store you what to go in first?" I ask Jayla as we walk with each other.

"Forever 21." Jayla said in a hurry.

"Okay then. Let go." I said grabbing her hand and walking down the mall looking like we were a couple. Walking in to Forever 21 everyone head turn. I know why they turn and look. This white guy was holding hand with this black girl. I quickly release holding her hand and I followed behind her. I didn't want people to get the wrong idea.

"Why you let go of my hand. " Jayla ask me. I tried to play it off, but I know Jayla is not stupid.

"For you can look around. " I said, lying.

"Are you a shame to hold my hand?" Jayla ask me.

"No it just. I don't want no one to get the wrong idea. " I should have ever said that.

"Take me home now." Jayla said. "You know what I can call my uncle to come get me." She said walking out of Forever 21.

"Jayla I'm sorry. " I said I know it doesn't matter she was upset with me.

"Where she going. " Jamie ask me.

"Home." I said.

"Stay with your own kind. " this white man said as he walk pass me.

I wasn't even with Jayla and people are already putting their two scent in.

Jayla Pov
I can't believe Luke would say something like that. He hurt me deep. I can't believe that I was falling for him. Maybe I should listen to my uncle when he told me to only date inside my own race. Blacks and whites have no business dating.

"Uncle Ben, will you come get me from the mall?" I ask him, as I took a seat on a nearby bench. I am nearly in tears and i just want to get home and lay in bed.

"Sure. I am there in a second. " He replied.
I can't believe Luke has me come spend the day with him just to get my feels hurt at the end. You can't trust everybody. My Uncle Ben finally showed up ten minutes later, and I am glad because I couldn't take being out here any longer.
"So what happen." Uncle Ben asks me, as soon as I got in the car.

"Nothing. " I said not wanting to talk about it. I just want to get home.

"I know there something wrong. " He said, not letting it go.

"It this boy I like and he scare to be seen in public with me." I said. I barely know Luke, why am I tripping over him?

"Who the boy?" Ben ask me.

"An old friend. " I said, lying. I can't tell him that it's Luke because Ben is against me dating outside my race, and he would be pissed if he found out Luke lives beside us.