Chapter Sixteen: I Just Can't

“Andrew….”

“AJ…”

“Wake up…”

“Come on…”

“Come on Princess…”

“HEY!”

Something frigidly cold and wet rushed across my entire torso, sending me flying faster than a lightning bolt out of the bed.

“WHAT THE FUCK!” I yelled as I stood with my hands out, assessing the damage.

Accel smiled, holding a green bucket in his hand. I could still see some ice cubes resting in the bottom.

“Morning sunshine,” he laughed.

“You! Fu… I… Aaaaghh!!!” I fumed, frantically trying to prevent the freezing clothing from touching my skinny frame.

What the hell was that for!

He winked.

Out of nowhere I suddenly became furious and without a second thought charged at him, intending to deck him completely. Just you wait til I get my hands on you, you mofo!

Sudden realization crossed his face as he watched my expression change from surprised to pissed off in about five seconds flat. “Oh shit!” he muttered quickly, only just managing to dodge my clumsy lunge. I braced myself against a wall, not even registering that I was indoors. I watched his slender frame as it swiftly moved across the cramped living room. Living room? What the…

I’m in an apartment.

How did I get in an apartment?

Why am I in…? Whose apartment is this!?

I stood with my mouth hanging open, silently contemplating my situation. Accel peeked his head out from around a doorway, his spiked hair failing to help his ‘hiding’ skills.

“So… this means you’re not gonna kill me?” he questioned slowly, trying to gauge my mood. My attention instantly snapped back to the little bitch that had decided to tip the iceberg on me. What gave you that idea?

I shrugged, plastering on a big fake smile.

“Nah,” I laughed, pretending to walk away.

Accel was silent for a second, before taking a few cautious steps towards me.

Fooled you.

With ninja fast lightning skills I swung around, swinging out my arm, ready to take this mofo down a level.

But I didn’t expect him to be right, right, behind me.

“Whoa!” I yelled as I was flung off balance.

And cue falling…

Ow.

Fuck my life.

I groaned from where I had landed flat on my back on the floor. Every part of me hurt from the sudden impact, the breath completely knocked out of my chest.

“Ow…” I groaned.

A shadow suddenly loomed over the top of me, a mischievous smile and acid green eyes lighting the darkish room.

“Hey wait… what are you- NO! NO!!! Hahaha! Stop!!” I yelled as Accel suddenly plonked his ass on top of my stomach. “I can’t- can’t- I can’t br-brea-breathe!” I laughed hysterically through gasping breathes. “Geddof!!”