Shattered

Shattered, like you've never been before

The life you knew in a thousand pieces on the floor

Words fall short in times like these

And this world drives you to your knees

You think you're never gonna get back

To the you that used to be

Tell your heart to beat again

Close your eyes and breathe it in

Let the shadows fall away

Step into the light of grace

Yesterday is a closing door

You don't live there anymore

Say 'goodbye' to where you've been

And tell your heart to beat again

The first part of the song seemed to run through my head, having listened to it only hours before my family's deaths. It has a strong definition for me. It means so much because of what I remember, what I've done, and what I've been through. I had been the oldest of four and had had good Baptist Christian parents. I have been sheltered and yet I secretly know some of the worst things. I'm not as sheltered as I used to be, and I don't think I ever will be considering who I'm now with. In the beginning it was just me and my family. Now it's not just me, but the NEST organization, and the Autobots. How come I ended up with them? Well, it's kind of simple, and yet a little complicated. I don't know why I got to stay at the base, but Director Mearing was not happy with me when she found out.

I wonder if I should tell you who found me and how my family passed away. I was left with only a scar down my leg. We were each in our rooms, except my parents who talked on the stare case. My room was in the back of the house, but that doesn't mean much. Where my bed was, how I was sitting on it, and what I did when the blast came towards me...

It felt like time slowed down. The blast came in a flash and even though my leg was badly burned I went to get to my family. All I found was that the top/front side to the house was gone. The cool wind blew past me and I stared in the distance, devastated. There were many buildings nearby, and a large lime green and gray robot came my way. He peered into the home finding me on my feet.

"Good gracious, youngling. Get off that leg!" He yelled at me, but I could tell he was concerned. I fell sideways kind of funky and felt the adrenaline leaving my system. I was beyond tired and I fought to hold my head and upper body away from the splintered floor. The robot went and grabbed me gently. I did not protest, nor did I have the energy to. I just continued to fight to stay awake.

The green robot headed towards another that had come running his way.

"I'm alright Ironhide." The robot said to the black one.

"What 'ave you got?" Ironhide asked. He was tense, and his large cannons were ready to fire.

"Wounded sparkling. I'll take her back behind the lines after I wrap her burns."

"Alright Ratchet. Hurry though, we've got Decepticons heading this way." He said, then ran off toward a battle just a couple miles away.

Suddenly, Ratchet transformed around me and I ended up in the back of an ambulance, sitting on a gurney. A figure with a white lab coat and glasses flickered into view. The moment it became solid, it came towards me and grabbed my burned leg. How or where he grabbed it didn't bother me, it was the sting that came with the antibiotic ointment he placed on me. Oh man, I tell you I felt like I was burning all over again, but in slow motion.

I gave a short cry, then whimpered before just breathing heavily. He could tell I was in pain, but he didn't do much. He wrapped my leg tightly, but gently.

"There. Now I'm going to take you somewhere safe, and you had better stay off that leg." I nodded. I could hardly say anything, much less realize what was happening. I was in a complete daze, and I wasn't going to talk for a while.

We got behind friendly lines and he went to hide me well behind the border line. I was to stay put, then he went to leave and I finally spoke.

"Ratchet, please don't leave me. I know I'm seventeen, but...I just..." I couldn't say what I was feeling. Something in me never wanted to let go of him. He sighed and picked me up. As he brought me closer to his chassis (chest) metal plates shifted and revealed a bright glowing blue orb. Tendrils came towards me and I allowed them to wrap around my body, clinging to my bare arms. The screams I heard from outside somehow didn't register on my mind, and I fell asleep unsure of what was happening and what had happened, but knowing I was completely safe.