Reality Sucks

CHAPTER 9; REALITY SUCKS

Last time:

''Yea.'' his eye twinkled. ''Like a date,'' he breathed before leaning into my face...

Present:

A sharp noise bounced through the now empty hallway. Damien's left cheek was now a bloody red colour. "What did you do that for?" he hissed murderously.

I gave a sheepish grin before showing him my left hand that has a dark spot in the middle of my palm. " I saw a mosquito on your face so I was just helping to get rid of it..." I trailed off at the end.

"YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO SLAP ME!" he yelled.

"Well excuse me for trying to be the hero of the day," I snapped at him while puffing out my cheeks, highly aware that I probably look like a constipated chipmunk.

I blinked when Damien suddenly pat my cheeks, letting some air out of my mouth.

"Cute," he chuckled and said, "See you in Starbucks."

Adding a flirty wink for effect before he started walking towards the school's front door when I finally snapped back to reality.

"I DIDN'T EVEN SAY YES OR NO YET!!! AND STOP LYING CAUSE I KNOW I LOOKED LIKE A CONSTIPATED CHIPMUNK!!" I shouted.

It seems that fate decided to become my enemy today because he sided with Damien who escaped my infamous Wrath of Doom -cue dramatic music here-.

"Detention for shouting in the hallway, Miss Winters."

I think I just made a new world record for jumping 8 feet in the air without hitting the ceiling. If that was even possible.

Turning around, I saw Mrs Laila standing there with an eyebrow raised.

"Bu - but school's already over and anyway, everyone shouts in the hallway and they don't get in trouble. Why start now?" I questioned.

"Seems like the prefects aren't doing their jobs well, hmm. Well then, I better start thinking of their punishments right now. I'm not letting you off the hook though. You should have read the rule book before you came here. Detention's on Thrusday afternoon. Okay, I have to go now. Bye"

Mrs Laila walked away but before she was out of earshot she said to me, "Don't forget to bring your science book for detention."

"Huh?"

She saw my confused expression and said, "Chipmunks can't have constipation. They eat food that contains fibre and fibre helps to prevent constipation."

"Owh..." I said until something dawned on me.

"You were eavesdropping on us!!!" I yelled. But alas as I had said before fate wasn't my friend that day because Mrs Laila was nowhere to be seen.

The last thing I did was cursed and shout my dumb luck while throwing punches and kicks to an imaginary person to vent out my frustrations before walking out of the school calmly.

Mood swings? Let's hope not.

(⊙_⊙)(⊙_⊙)(⊙_⊙)(⊙_⊙)(⊙_⊙)(⊙_⊙)

"Tadaima!" I shouted once I stepped into the house.

"Back already Emmy?" Aunt Jessica asked, coming down the stairs.

"What? Who's Emmy?" I asked innocently trying to make her irritated.

"Har har har. Very funny, Emily," Aunt Jessica said.

"Okay. Now I'm not kidding when I ask, 'Who's Emily?' I'm not Emily," I said, walking into the kitchen to find food to shove into my gob.