eight

The next day, Sophia and Sarah were stood at the front of the school when they saw a brand new Erica walk in, followed by Jesse and his group of vampires

Sophia's jaw dropped at the sight of her: she was wearing a short, black pencil skirt with tights, a grey shirt with lace gloves, a choker and her hair was down. Not to forget, she was wearing makeup.

Sarah, however, narrowed her eyes at the girl, disgusted when she saw her outfit.
"Hey, girls. What's wrong? Sarah, you're looking a little underfed." Erica said to them.
"What happened to you?" Sophia scoffed.
"You know, like the best thing ever! It's not to late to join us, Sarah. Perhaps you could join us too." She grinned at Sophia, who scoffed again. "What? We can be best friends forever."
"Never." Sarah shot back.
Jesse chuckled. "You're making the biggest mistake of your life, well, what's left of it."
"Isn't that cute?" Erica asked, playing with Jesse's hair. "I think she still has a thing for you."
Sophia rolled her eyes.
"I've got something for both of you and it's made of wood and really sharp." Sarah retorted.
Jesse laughed. "Sarah, you've been replaced." He smirked before turning to Erica and kissing her.

The two girls gagged and had to look away to avoid throwing up.
"Oh, you're still coming to the Dusk premier though, right? BFF." Erica smiled, once the two had pulled away.

Sarah didn't respond, she turned her back and walked away. Sophia took a step closer to Erica. "You shouldn't have walked into school so confidently wearing those shoes, BFF." She mocked her. Sophia flashed her a fake smile before following Sarah.

***

"Hey, what's up?" Sophia asked Benny and Ethan, kneeling down.
"You're not gonna like this..." Ethan said, biting his lip.
"What?" Sarah asked.
"We have to go see Dusk III." Ethan said, slowly.
"You've got to be kidding me!" Sophia groaned, getting up.
"Trust me, I don't want to go just as much as you do." Benny said, getting up as well.
"Well, we better start practising." Ethan sighed.
"Practising for what?!" Sophia almost yelled, annoyed that she had to attend the premier.
"Fighting the vampires," Benny grinned, taking hold of her hand. "duh!" He said, before running off with Ethan and Sarah, his grip still on Sophia.
Normally, Sophia would snatch her hand away immediately, but a small part of her that was growing actually liked the fact their hands were held.
Please don't tell me I'm falling for this dork. She thought to herself.

***

After school the four retreated to the Morgan household and gathered equipment into the garden.

Benny and Ethan were struggling to get fence posts free using hammers and Ethan had hit his thumb. Sarah then appeared and used her vampire strength to pull out the fence posts within a second and passing them to the boys and one to Sophia.

Sophia helped Benny set up some hay stacks and a scarecrow to practise on. Once they set it up, Ethan was the first to try and attack the scarecrow.
He ran for the first hay stack but tripped over it and face-planted, causing his sister to laugh. She took the fence post out of Benny's hand and rolled her eyes. "Please," She murmured, pushing her younger brother out of the way before taking a few steps back and running at the scarecrow. She jumped onto the first haystack and jumped to the second, spinning around in the process and stabbing the fence post into where the heart of the scarecrow would be.