seven

Later that night, Ethan and Sophia were sat on the couch when their mom got home, sighing

Later that night, Ethan and Sophia were sat on the couch when their mom got home, sighing. "I gave Sarah a little bit extra because she was here so late. Your poor dad, it's just like our honeymoon!"
Ethan and Sophia paused.
"Oh, it's a long story..." Their mom laughed. "Anyway, Sarah said you two had something important to tell me?"
The Morgan siblings looked at each-other, Ethan bit his lip.

"Were you and Benny playing lightsabers again?" Their mom asked, looking through the gap in Ethan's door.
"Yes," Ethan nervously chuckled, opening the door.
"I tried to get them to calm down, but they just wouldn't listen." Sophia grinned, putting on a good girl act, hoping that her mother may decide to trust Sophia and let her babysit Jane instead of Sarah.
"Sure you did." Samantha replied, knowing that Sophia doesn't care about what Ethan and Benny get up to. She then turned to her son. "Ethan, the next time Sarah comes here to sit, I'm going to tell her not to put up with any of this funny business. Do you understand me?"
"Yep. Sounds good to me." Ethan replied, sliding his hands into his pockets.
Samantha sighed and looked at the hole in the door.
"I blame video games." Ethan mumbled.
"Yeah, that and the rap music." His mom replied, frustrated.
Ethan nodded before hugging her. "Thanks, mom."
Samantha was surprised, but hugged him back, looking at Sophia with a confused expression.
Sophia smiled and joined in on the hug. "Yeah, thanks mom."

Soon enough, their mom pulled away. "Now, go to bed; it's late." She turned to Sophia. "You too."
Sophia rolled her eyes and nodded. "Okay, whatever you say. Good night, mom."

***

"Sophia!" Benny called out in the school hallways. Some students turned and looked in her direction, wondering why two of the biggest nerds in school were running up to her.
"What?" Sophia hissed, aware of the situation.
"You're coming with us; we're going to church." Ethan said, taking hold of his older sister's arm, which Sophia immediately pulled away.
"What are you two on about?! People are looking!"
Benny looked around and realised that most students were looking at three. He knew that it must look strange that they're interacting when their status' are very different and the fact that Sophia was letting it get to her made him upset. Nevertheless, he shook it off. "Trust me, you're gonna wanna see this."

***

Sophia and Benny snuck into the church in search for the holy water, hoping that no one would catch them.
"Here!" Benny pointed.
Sophia followed his finger to a metal pot that was labelled holy water and nodded, walking towards it.

Benny took out the large container they were using to store it in began to fill it up, whilst Sophia kept an eye out.

She saw a priest walk into the room and look at them weirdly before approaching them. Sophia hit Benny's arm, signalling that someone was coming and Benny stopped filling the container immediately. Luckily, it was just about full.

"It's for my, uh, my aunt." Benny explained, putting the lid on. "She's, uh, she's got the... Belgian Pig Flu! And stuff, and... Ebola! Anyway, I gotta go." He nervously grinned, running away.
The priest looked at Sophia, who smiled. "I'm just helping him out... uh, yeah... see you." She chuckled, following Benny.

Once Benny and Sophia joined Ethan at the graveyard, Ethan pointed the group of vampires out to them.
"Look at them, hoodies and sunglasses! Nice look if you're a-"
"Hey!" Sarah said, cutting Benny off and making the three jump.
"Looking good." Benny complimented, making Sophia roll her eyes.
"What are you doing here?" Ethan asked her.
"Same as you; I'm following them! I just wish I knew what they were up to." Sarah replied.
"Well, according to Rory, they're here for the Cuban animals." Benny laughed, shaking his head.
"Cuban animals? You mean the Cubile Animus?" Sarah corrected him. "I've heard Jesse mention it before I think it's Latin or something."
Benny and Sophia exchanged confused looks.

"219..." Ethan muttered.
"What?" Sophia asked, being the only one who heard him.
"Wikipedia says the Cubile Animus is Latin for... nest of souls." Benny said, putting his phone away.
"I think I just saw it!" Ethan said, turning to Sarah. "This little box with carvings on it!"
Benny raised his eyebrows.
"A box? Like that one?" Sophia asked, pointing at the vampires. One was holding a box.
"Great! Nest of souls... how long till something hatches?" Benny groaned.

The four watched one of the vampires hold up the box and analyse it, as if looking for something.
"We have to stop them." Ethan stated.
Sophia scoffed. "No, really?" She mocked, sarcastically.
"We've got a fresh supply of anti-vampire potion." Benny grinned, holding up the container, spilling some on Sarah.
"Ow!" Sarah yelled. "What the heck?!"

The group of vampires heard the noise and all turned around. Sophia's eyes widened and started to hit the three and hissing at them to run. Luckily, they'd disappeared just in time.

"So," Sarah began, as the group caught their breaths. "What's with these visions? You get them often?"
"No. It started when you showed up. It's like a door opens to a whole other dimension or something." Ethan told her. "I think it happens when we touch, here." He said, holding out his hand.
"Nice try, Casanova!" Sarah laughed.
"Can't blame a player for trying." Benny grinned. "But, maybe I get visions too-" He began, reaching out for Sophia. Ethan quickly hit Benny's arm. "Cut it out! That's my sister!"
"Sorry." Benny muttered.
"If I see that hand again, I'll consider it a snack." Sarah smiled at Ethan.

"So, Jesse never told you about what the prophecy is?" Ethan asked Sarah, trying to change the subject. "Or what 219 means?"
"I'm just a fledgling, remember? He'd only tell a real vampire." Sarah told him.
"None of them are dumb enough to tell us." Sophia sighed.
Ethan thought for a moment. "Well... one of them is."
Benny smirked, realising Ethan was talking about Rory. He took out his phone. "And I have his number."