three

Sophia, Ethan and Jane were sat around their table in the kitchen

Sophia, Ethan and Jane were sat around their table in the kitchen. Jane was drawing, Ethan was just sat there playing with his thumbs and Sophia was on her phone. She was trying to get hold of Sarah, but she wouldn't pick up.
"It must be pretty embarrassing needing a babysitter in high school." Jane said, causing Ethan and Sophia to glare at her.

There parents then walked into the kitchen in Cowboy clothes.
"Oh my God..." Sophia whispered.
"Howdy partners!" Their mom said.
"She's as pretty as a $20 bill." Mr. Morgan said.
Their mom curtsied. "Well thank you, kind sir." Mr. Morgan spun Mrs. Morgan around. "We're going country line dancing!"
"You've gotta be kidding me..." Sophia said to Ethan, who ignored her. "Mom? Dad? I just wanna say that you were right. I shouldn't have left Jane unattended last week. I learnt my lesson." Ethan looked at Sophia, giving her the look to nod along.
She nodded in agreement. "Yeah, so you can cancel the sitter and save $25!"
"I already told you, I'm not gonna leave you two alone with Jane until you can be trusted." She flashed us a smile before walking out.
"Sorry, kids. She's the Sheriff." Mr. Morgan said whilst putting his cowboy hat and and spinning on his heal and doing a weird dance out of the room, which made Sophia cringe.
"Fine! I'll be in my room... alone!" Ethan shouted, standing up and walking out of the room.
Sophia sighed and followed her brother upstairs. She knocked on Ethan's door. "Sarah's not picking up and I have nothing to do, can I come in?"
Ethan opened the door. "Sure, just don't be annoying."

Ethan sat down in front of his computer whilst Sophia sat on his bed, looking at his weird action figures.
Benny's face then popped up. "Hey, man. Any sign of the babysitter y-?" He trailed off once he saw Sophia in the background. "Hey, Sophia!" She looked up. "Oh, hey, Benny?"
"You didn't hear that did you?" Ethan asked his sister.
"Hear what?"
Ethan turned back round. "You're safe. But, no, I'm staying in my room as a form of protest."
"Well, I'm not! Any sign of babes approaching and I am there." Benny whispered, so Sophia wouldn't hear.
"Good luck with that." Ethan chuckled, before turning off the computer.
Sophia laughed. "Did you just hang up on him?"
Ethan picked up his pencil and started drawing. "Yep."
"Where is Erica?" Sophia groaned.

Sophia's attention was drawn to the window when she heard the rustling of leaves and a small thud. She walked towards the window and looked outside but couldn't see anything. "Did you hear that?" She asked Ethan.
He shrugged. "I heard a little noise but it's probably nothing." Ethan carried on drawing.
This time Sophia could hear growling. "You must've heard that!"
Ethan nodded and got up, joining his sister by the window. Again, there was nothing there.
Benny them appeared on Ethan's computer again, making Sophia jump. "You hear that? Sounds like an ultimate raccoon fight in our backyards!" Sophia sat down on Ethan's chair and saw Benny holding a massive metal plate with holes in. "Sounds huge!" He then dropped the plate once he saw Sophia sat there laughing a little. "Oh, hey again..."
"What is that?" She asked.
There was a massive thud, much louder than the previous one. Sophia stood up and ran back the window. "Okay what the hell was that?"
The doorbell then rang and Sophia jogged down the stairs. Her parents were stood by the door. "Hi, you must be the babysitter, Erica?"
"What? No. Uh... she's sick so... she sent me. I'm Sarah. Can I come in?"
"Of course. Jane! Your babysitter's here."
Sarah? Sophia thought to herself.
"Sarah? Hey!" She smiled.
Her best friend forced a smile before hurrying in, she looked scared, as if something or someone was after her.

Jane ran in front of Sophia and grinned. "Hi! I'm Jane!" She rapidly shook Sarah's hand. "Hey..."
Sarah turned to me but got distracted by Ethan, who was stood at the top of stairs. Sophia rolled her eyes. Can my nerd brother not drool over my best friend?
"Earth to Ethan?!" Sophia said, loudly.
"Er... hello." He said.
"Hey..." Sarah said, awkwardly.

"Do you like dancing revolution?"
Sarah smiled at Jane. "I'm a brutal dancer I'm pretty sure you'd kick my butt every time."
"Perfect! You're up first!" Jane took hold of her hand but Sophia stopped them.
"Hang on, Sarah, you're bleeding." I held her arm out and saw two cuts along it.
"It's nothing! I tripped on my way here, it doesn't even hurt!"
"I'll go get some bandages!" Ethan exclaimed before running back into his room and frantically changing clothes and coating himself with some of his dad's cologne.
"You sure you're okay?" Mrs. Morgan asked.
"Yeah! Uh... I took a shortcut... through the woods...!"
Mrs Morgan chuckled. "Okay, well, my cell number is on the fridge and Jane has to be in bed no later than 8:30."
Sarah smiled. "Sure."
"Bye sweetie." Mrs Morgan said to Jane, kissing the top of her head.
"Bye Sophia, bye Ethan!"
"Bye!" Everyone heard Ethan faintly shout.
Sophia knew something wasn't right. "Hey... what happened out there?"
Sarah was about to respond before Ethan smugly walked down the stairs. "Found the bandages!"
"I just found the secret stash of Fudgicles!" Jane shouted, running towards Ethan and crashing into him, leaving a lovely stain right in his crotch area. Sophia laughed. "Nice one, Jane!"
"I guess now we're even." Sarah said to the embarrassed boy.
"Pff... here." Ethan answered, handing her the bandages.

There was then a knock at the door and Sophia was about to open it before Sarah picked up an umbrella. "No, no, no!" She stopped Sophia and carefully opened the door.
"What is up with her?" Sophia said to Ethan.

Benny then walked in. "I got pop, chips and the first season of The Bloodsucker Diaries!" He said, taking out a pair of plastic fangs. "Who-" He stopped talking once he saw Sarah, quickly shoving them into his mouth. He then saw Sophia and instantly felt even more awkward.
"Where's your bathroom?" Sarah asked Sophia.
"Down that hall there to the left." She answered. Sarah began walking to the bathroom. Jane took hold of her older sister's hand and pulled her into the living room. "You can take Sarah's place for now."
"Actually, I think we should check on Sarah..." Sophia said, leading Jane to the bathroom door. "It sounds like she's crying." Jane whispered.
"You wait there." Sophia ordered, walking towards Ethan and Benny.
She watched Benny dial a number and put his phone to his ear. "Hey, it's me. Give me the usual and supersize that puppy." He chuckled, winking at Sophia. "I'm next door, it's exactly 7:19 and you have thirty minutes or it's free. Engage!" He then hung and leaned against the table. "That's how you do it." He said to Sophia, smirking.

"What did you say to her? I think she's crying." Jane said to Ethan.
"Just go watch some TV or something, okay?"
Jane sighed and walked off, into the living room.

The teens waited till Jane was gone.
"You're going in there are you?" Sophia asked.
Ethan bit his lip and nodded.
Benny was looking at some magazine when Sophia tapped him and pointed at Ethan, who looked shocked.
"Benny! Sophia!" He hissed, running towards us.
"What?"
"I just saw Sarah. She was in front of the mirror but not... in it!" He whispered.
"Okay, hold up, how much aftershave did you drink?" Benny asked, earning a laugh from Sophia, which he felt pretty good about.
"Dude, I'm serious! Her reflection was all wonky. She's not normal!"
Sophia slapped Ethan's arm. "Watch it, idiot, that's my best friend you're talking about!"
"Hey, you guys don't really need a sitter do you?"
"No... we're fine." Ethan and Sophia said simultaneously.
"Okay, good. I need to find Erica she's in trouble."
"Wait, Sarah, I'm coming!" Sophia said.
"No!" She snapped back. Sophia raised an eyebrow. "Something up?"
"No, you just don't wanna go out tonight."
I slowly nodded. "Okay, well, erm, see you tomorrow."
"Bye." Sarah said before walking out of the door.
Sophia turned around to Ethan and Benny. "We're going after her."
"Agreed. Benny, get your stuff ready, let's go!"
"Oooh!" Benny said excitedly. "Three pals on a mission."
Sophia turned and faced Benny. "Wait, Jane needs babysitters."
Benny pulled out his phone and grinned. "I know just the person."