four

"Thanks, Grandma

"Thanks, Grandma." Benny said, letting his grandma into the house.
"She smells funny." Jane said to Sophia. "No, she doesn't." She answered.
"She smells nice... like... flowers"
"Alright, now, if the pizza isn't here within 26 minutes you do not pay a dime!" Benny told his grandma.
"You really like your pizza." Sophia said from behind him. Benny grinned and stepped backwards so he was next to her, and put his arm around her. "Grandma, meet Sophia."
"Are you his girlfriend?" She asked her.
Sophia laughed but Benny cut her off. "She will be." He said, giving me wink.

"Okay," Ethan said, putting on his jacket. "We will be right back, I promise."
"I hate being 8." I heard Jane mumble before we walked out of the door.

Ethan made us pick up the pace so we could catch Sarah in time, but Benny was slowly us down. "What is that?" Sophia asked Benny, looking down at the strange item he just dropped.
"Cameras with night vision. You guys seriously don't expect me to investigate the supernatural realm without proper equipment!"
"Fine, just keep it down a little, okay? She already thinks I'm a perv."
Sophia scoffed. "A perv?"
"You said her reflection wasn't all there, right?" Benny asked, changing the subject completely.
"Yeah?"
"Here's a thought, what if it's some publicity stunt for that stupid Dusk movie?"
"I hate to say it but Benny could be right." Sophia said.
He grinned. "That's my girl." He then stopped walking. "If this is a prank, I knew it all along!" He shouted.
Both Ethan and Sophia harshly shushed him. "Come on! I think she's headed to town." Ethan urged.

The three teenagers were now in the middle of town and Benny was already wearing a pair of weird looking goggles that made Sophia laugh whenever she looked at him. "This is hopeless, we lost her. Must. Have. Pizza!" Benny whined.
"She's out here somewhere." Sophia said.
"I can feel it." Ethan said.
Sophia scoffed. "Okay, are we in a movie or something? Calm down, loser."
They then heard ruffling and the sound of bottles clashing together. Ethan signalled at Sophia and Benny to follow. "Take those stupid goggles off." Sophia said to Benny, who frowned, before taking them off and stuffing them in his bag. Instead, he pulled out his night vision camera, but Sophia secretly thought that was pretty cool - she kept quiet, though.

"There's something in the alleyway." Ethan said, pointing at the trash cans.
"Night vision engaged." Benny whispered, looking through the camera. His eyes filled with fear and he took one hand off the camera, looking up at the dark alley.
"Benny, what is it?" Sophia asked, taking the camera and looking through it. She nearly dropped it at the sight of her best friend sat there ripping a rat apart. "We should leave." Benny gulped.
"I agree." Sophia whispered.
Ethan took the camera from me and looked through it. She watched his eyes widen.
Ethan then screamed like a girl. causing Benny to scream like a girl too. Sarah looked up and hissed at them. The sight of her bloody fangs and bright yellow eyes almost made Sophia scream too.
Ethan and Sophia ran without hesitation, but when Sophia looked behind her, Benny wasn't following. He was still stood there screaming his lungs off. She took of hold of his hand and pulled him away.

"We are so dead!" Ethan yelled in between breaths.
"Speak for yourself! Skinny guy coming through!" Benny yelled back.
"Help!" Ethan yelled again. "My babysitter's a vampire!"

Sophia tried to let go of Benny's hand but his grip was held tight. "Benny, let go!" Finally, her grip with his sweaty hand was released.
"Remember Halo, level 3? The battle plan I sent you? Make some manoeuvres! Delta 6 engage!" Benny yelled, attempting to do some cool actions whilst running. But instead, he ended up running into a huge pot of dirt and rolled across his and then fell on the floor. Ethan and Sophia stopped and covered their mouths with their hands in shock, before running up to him and helping him up.
"You missed... the pattern..." Benny said in pain.
"Sometimes I just skim your emails." Ethan answered.
He nodded. "Fair enough."
Sophia and Ethan both held out a hand for Benny to take hold of, but instead he ignored his best friend and looked at Sophia, grinning. She rolled her eyes and held out her other hand and helped him up.

"What's your problem?" Sarah asked, appearing out of nowhere. This time, Sophia screamed too.
"Hold on! If you eat us that would so not be cool!" Ethan said.
Sophia nodded. "Besides, I'm your best friend!"
Sarah laughed. "If I wanted to eat you I would have done by now," She looked to Sophia, "not you, though."
"See!" Benny pointed. "She's gonna eat us! We're doomed!"
"No! I just want to talk to you guys!"
"Guys, shut up and let her speak okay?" Sophia said to Ethan and Benny.
"Whatever you saw its not what it looks like-"
"You're a freaking vampire who eats animals and drinks their blood!" Ethan yelled.
"Okay, so it is kinda what it looks like but-"
"I warn you," Benny began, stepping forward. "I had garlic bread for lunch and I'm not afraid to use my breath."
"Gross!" Sophia said.
"I'm just a normal girl! At least, I was until I got bit by my crummy ex boyfriend! I'm technically still a Fledgling until I drink human blood... which I really don't want to do, so... I have to figure out how to stop this thing before my mortal body dies or at least stop it from happening to more people like Erica."
"So you're sure this isn't some thing for the stupid Dusk movie?" Benny asked.
"I wish. Come on, let's get out of here because I'm not the only one feeding tonight."
"Wait, Erica? Vampire...?" Sophia asked, worriedly.
"Unless we stop her. I'll get you guys home and if I'm lucky I'll find Erica before it's too late."