Extra Chapter: First Sight

Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.

-Sam Levenson

FEW YEARS BACK...

Coco Spencer's POV

I sighed probably for the twentieth time this past half an hour. Bloody hell, this kind of boring party doesn't suit me. I glanced around at the elite British folks mingling around the Spencer manor to celebrate my grandfather's birthday party. As an eighteen-year-old like me, this was the last thing I want, to entertain these people.

I sighed again, looking at the stiff party before me. I'd rather be in some club tonight than here. A few minutes more and I would sneak out of this boring birthday party.

"Seems like the princess is not having fun." I heard the comment from behind me. So much for my luck tonight I'd rather stay out of the spotlight and fade on the background. Now, this annoying man found me.

I turned around to face the man who just spoke with a big fake smile on my lips. "Lewis, good to see you."

Lewis Trevor was the son of my grandfather's business partner and I never like this annoying boy ever since I laid my eyes on him. The way he stares at me, he's like mentally peeling my clothes with the eyes slowly.

"Are you bored to tears with this party, Corrine?" He asked pleasantly, raking his gaze with my body from head to toe. "Let's go and have a private party of our own. I think you will enjoy that party more than you can imagine."

"Coco." I corrected him firmly with a sharp glare. I don't wish to be called with my complete first name. "And thank you for the offer but I need to refuse. I'm not interested."

"Come on, now." He moved closer to me and run his finger to my bare arm. I immediately took a step backward. "Don't play naïve little virgin to me, dearest. It won't work, I know that you are often seen in bars with different guys taking you home."

I scowled at him openly. "How dare you..."

He smiled maliciously that made me shiver. "Let's go, I think you will find my bed more comfortable than those men you randomly met on bars."

"I will forget the indecent proposal to me tonight but you have to promise never to say those words to me ever again. Are we clear?"

"But I'm completely serious, my sweet."

He was about to take another step towards me when I decide to run away from him. I was half walking and half running I want to get away from him as soon as possible but with my tight evening dress, I trip. I could almost envision myself falling flat face in this lawn and probably a laughing stock with my grandfather's visitors.

But before I could make fool of myself in front of everyone, strong and steady hands saved me from falling. The feel of his hands in my arms made my heart beat so wildly in my chest. The first thing I noticed was his long legs then his broad shoulder and lastly his angelic face.

I was about to say 'thank you' but the words died in my mouth when I saw his lovely light brown eyes and the reassuring smile in his sexy mouth. Who was this handsome boy at my grandfather's party? Why I haven't noticed him till now?

"There now..." He said in English, but I could detect a hint of an accent in his deep voice. "...you have to be careful, Signorina. Running around with that evening dress is not advisable. You were lucky that I caught you on time."

Unlike Lewis's lewd stare in my body this guy while gazing at my body gaze was more of an amusement. He gave me a friendly smile. I found myself nearly drooling at this handsome guy he's not clearly British from his looks. "I...I haven't yet thanked you for saving me."

"Corrine..."

I closed my eyes when I heard the voice of Lewis. God, what's wrong with this guy? Why can't he accept a refusal? I eyed my savior with a shy smile. "I need one more saving from this guy. Can you help me?"

His friendly manner changed instantly. The hard look on his face surprised me. "You got a problem with the lady, amico?"

"Uh...no, I will talk to you again, Corrine," Lewis said and walk away from us.

"Thank you," I said again to the handsome mystery guy. "I owe you tonight."

My mind already starts formulating a good plan on how to manipulate this handsome boy throughout the night. I hope that he'll fall into my infamous charm. 

He smiled at me. I think butterflies started to reside in my belly. I don't understand this emotion inside me right at this moment. I think I like him. "You need to be careful especially with the likes of him."

I want to talk to him more. I think I was starting to like this party. But before I could do that something caught his attention from my back.

"Excuse me," He said politely. "I need to go. It was nice meeting you, Signorina."

I was left staring at him, walking towards the beautiful dark-haired woman wearing a demure black gown, probably the same age as me, waiting patiently for him. I felt a pang of jealousy I should have known that he was not single. A man like him would not give me a second glance compare to that beautiful dark-haired, green-eyed lady.

"Handsome, isn't he?" My grandfather spoke beside me. "He came to my party to represent his parents. Such a handsome Sicilian boy that he is. If it's not to that young lady in his arms I might pair you with him, lassie."

I snorted, "I'm not interested."

"Too bad, he is so smitten to his childhood friend."

I ignored the jealousy inside me seeing him smile adoringly to the woman in his arms. I need to be tough I was raised as Spencer, after all. I need to be firm in dealing with men like Lewis. Because the next time this would happen to me there would no prince to catch me from falling...

PRESENT TIME...

Who would have thought that I would cross paths with the boy I met when I was eighteen at the bar when my grandfather last will give me a headache? Then again, he was there to save me from my problems. But the funny thing was, he doesn't remember our first meeting.

"What are you thinking?"

I looked up at my husband with a smile. I was sitting on the terrace of our newly built home in Ragusa enjoying the morning sun. "I'm just reminiscing the first day we met."

He dipped his head to kiss me on the mouth briefly. He sat in the vacant iron chair beside me. He took my hand in his. "Oh, you mean the night at the bar?"

I was halfway from sipping my orange juice and stared at him amusingly. "Maybe." I would just keep our first meeting to myself. That would be my little secret on how I met and fell in love with my very own prince.