Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I still didn’t know if I could tell him I was Pili.

Even though I trusted him more than anyone else ever before, I was still afraid.

He smiled and scooped me up in his arms.

He held me bridal style, he seemed to like that form the most, and slowly started toward the water.

“Is that how you managed to acquire a swimming suit and a shirt to cover it?”

“Of course! Did you really think I would go in there without any clothes on?”

He chuckled but didn’t say anything, making me wonder what was going through his mind.

“Did you want a swimming suit so you don’t get your only pair of clothes wet?”

“I don’t have to get my clothes wet, you know? And you don’t have to get me a suit.”

I scrunched my nose up.

“I think I’d rather you have a suit.”

He chuckled and seemed to wait for me, though he wouldn’t put me down.

I closed my eyes and imagined a pair of swimming shorts on him and exchanged it with his clothes he was wearing.

In my mind I carried them to where my clothes were already waiting.

I opened my eyes to see Enoch’s chest. I hadn’t seen it very much and I still marveled at how strong he looked.

“That is truly amazing!”

I looked down as I felt my cheeks heat up.

To me it was something simple, at least, now it was. It used to take a lot more concentration, but now that I know how to do it, it’s really easy.

“How did you get so good at using your powers so quickly? What did your teacher teach you?” There was clear amazement in his voice with a hint of admiration; admiration that shouldn’t be aimed at me.

I looked back up at him to see that he had a ridiculously large smile on his face as he looked down at me.

“Nothing, if anything I taught her stuff but it was just a few things about my past. She told me who and what she is. It shocked me at first, but now that I think about it, it all makes sense.” I slowly ran my finger along his chest, feeling the muscles move under with every touch.

“So, who is she?” There was a child-like curiosity shining in his eyes. I could see that he was trying to ignore my finger, which made it even more fun to do.

“Her name is Adiva. Do you-”

“Your teacher is Adiva, or, um… was Adiva! How could you have gotten so lucky?”

My finger stopped. How could I have gotten so lucky? I wouldn’t consider everything I went through in my life lucky. “Lucky? How is it lucky to have my mom’s sister being my teacher?”

Enoch stopped walking and stared down at me shocked.

“Adiva is your mom’s sister?”

Crap! I probably wasn’t supposed to say anything. How did he not already know though?

“Um, she could be?” It was obviously a question that came out of my mouth and Enoch’s face turned into one of amusement.

“You probably were told not to tell anyone, weren’t you?”