Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I felt Enoch sit down next to me. As he wrapped his arm around me I stiffened.

He was too close to me.

“Please don’t be mad at me.” He whispered in my ear.

When I didn’t move he pulled his arm away and stood up, only to sit back down in front of me.

“Will you please look at me?” He asked softly.

I shook my head.

“Please.” He asked while he put his hand on my left arm. I flinched at the touch and moved away from him, still not looking at him.

Call me stubborn, but I didn’t care. I have always been stubborn, though there wasn’t really ever anyone to see it. I had been alone since I was five years old. Living in the wild, trying to provide for myself as best as I could. It was a hard life, but I have become stronger because of it.

The worst part was when I shifted into my wolf for the first time. I was completely alone and I didn’t understand what was happening. I didn’t know if I was ever going to become human again, but as I laid there that night and thought of my mom I found myself back in human form, with no clothes on.

“If you won’t look at me on your own then I’ll have to make you.” Enoch whispered in my ear.

I didn’t know he had gotten so close to me.

His words finally processed through my mind.

What does he mean he’ll make me look at him?

Just then his hand slid down my arm and fell to my stomach. He started to tickle me.

Oh no! Don’t tickle me!

What did I ever do to deserve to be tickled?

I tried to stay as still as I could, but it was getting uncontrollable.

I sucked in a large breath and rolled onto my side, still trying to hide my face from Enoch. I know, stupidly stubborn.

“It’s not going to work. You know you can’t hide forever.” Enoch said as he started to tickle me more.

No! Stop!

I wanted to yell, but I couldn’t.

I also couldn’t do anything to stop him from tickling me. If I used my hands to push him away it would make me turn toward him, and that would completely defeat the purpose of all this.

“All you have to do is look at me. Is it that hard?”

I managed to nod while still hiding from him.

“Really?” He asked playfully. I could tell that he was laughing.

I was rolling all over the bed, trying to get away from him.

I was now having trouble breathing because of how much he had tickled me.

I wanted to laugh, but I couldn’t. All that came out was air.

I was suddenly flipped over and was staring up at Enoch. He was hovering over me. His hands on either side of my head.

He smirked. “See, now that wasn’t so hard was it?”

I bit my lip then nodded.

He just stared at me.

I looked into his eyes. They were a deep blue color. I never really noticed the color of his eyes before. They were swirling with so much emotion it scared me.