Chapter 17

Chapter 17

If there is a way that I can just pretend to only be a Raphaella then I’ll go for it. From what she has said I don’t want people to know I’m a Pili person. They would like me because of the power I have, and I want people to like me for me, not my power. I guess if they don’t like me then that’s even better… It just leaves me with less people to worry about. I don’t think I could handle many more backstabbing brats in my life. Cough cough, my mother, cough cough.

“Usually the teacher knows right away, but some times it’s hard to figure out. In that case the teacher has to test the student to try and find out what they are. This happened with Menahem, because of his rare person his teacher didn’t know what he was. He was put through all the more usual tests. When that didn’t work his teacher finally decided to test him to see if he was a Shamira, though he highly doubted it, he needed to find out what Menahem was. He obviously passed the test because he is a Shamira.”

“What is the test for a Shamira?”

She shrugged.

“No one but the teachers, Menahem, and the queen know what all the tests are. The only tests we know are the ones we go through. Menahem knows all of them except for the ones for the Zehira, the Nekoda, and the Pili. I myself actually wonder if there still is a test for the Pili.”

There must be, or else I probably wouldn’t be here. Or maybe there isn’t one and no one even realizes what I actually am.

“So, is the test for the Raphaella hard?”

Asia chuckled.

“Only if you aren’t truly one of us, if you are you should pass with flying colors, almost literally.” She said the last part in a quiet whisper.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

She stopped, quickly looked around, and then turned back to me.

“We’re here. You don’t want to keep Adiva waiting any longer.” And then she turned and ran off into the woods.

Great!

She says I’m here, but where is here?

I slowly spun in a circle.

I did a one-eighty degree turn and stopped when I saw the sparkling blue lake up close.

I walked close enough that the water barely reached my toes.

I hadn’t realized that I wasn’t wearing shoes.

The thought of shoes left my mind as I looked down the lake on one side and then the next. The lake stretched farther than I could see on both sides, and in front of me I was barely able to see the tops of the trees on the other side.

I remembered what Asia had said and finally scanned the water for people.

There were a few people off in the distance, but that was all I could see.

I turned back to look at the beautiful lake in front of me, but before I could take in any details I saw someone on the water. They were literally on it. They didn’t seem to be in the water at all. It was as if they knew how to walk on water.

Come to me.

The voice floated across the water. It was musical and sounded beautiful as it wound around my body.

“Who are you?” I whispered.

I didn’t know if I was just imagining things, but I knew I heard someone talking, and it wasn’t my wolf.