Chapter 10

Chapter 10

After some time I heard a soft knock on my door, but I ignored it. I knew it was Enoch and I still wanted to be mad at him, though now I couldn’t even remember why I was mad at him. Darn perfect man!

He knocked again.

“Go away!” I yelled.

Instead of listening to me he opened my door and came in.

“I said go away.” I screamed as I sat up and threw my pillow at Enoch.

He caught it with his free hand, his other one still on the door knob.

“I’m really sorry. I made you some eggs, will you please eat.”

It was really sweet of him to make me breakfast, I could just eat one…

No! You are still mad at him!

I turned away from Enoch and buried my face in my blanket because I no longer had a pillow.

I felt the bed dip beside me as Enoch sat down.

His hand rubbed my back in soothing circles as I felt my muscles tighten and then relax under his hand; it felt so wonderful.

“Will you please eat some food?” He asked softly.

I mumbled into the blanket. His hand was so distracting I hardly paid any attention to his words, though I still knew what he was asking.

He chuckled. “What did you say?”

I lifted up my head a few inches, silently begging his hand not to stop. “I asked if you knew how to give massages?”

I heard the plate being set down on the nightstand before he started to massage my back.

It felt so good.

I sighed into the blanket, relaxing even more.

Just when I was completely relaxed Enoch stopped.

I turned over and looked at him.

“Why did you stop?” I pouted.

“If you want me to continue massaging you then you have to eat your breakfast.”

I narrowed my eyes. I had set myself up for this trap.

Sighing, I motioned toward the plate. “Fine, give me the food.”

He smiled triumphantly as he handed it to me.

I took a hesitant bite. As the heavenly taste hit my tongue I groaned in satisfaction.

It was so good. I had no idea Enoch knew how to cook.

I looked up at Enoch to notice that his eyes were a shade darker.

“I should make eggs for you more often.” He whispered huskily.

I gulped down my eggs. My appetite was suddenly gone as a strange feeling settled in my stomach.

“They are really good.” I tried to ignore his comment, but I could tell what he was implying by it. And the feeling in my stomach wasn’t letting up at all.

“So are you.” He smirked.

All right, two can play at this game.

I stood up and walked over to my night stand, setting the plate down and looked back at Enoch.

“I’m going to go to the bathroom.”

He nodded.

“And there is no need to follow me.” I said as I walked out of the room.