Chapter 54; Playing The Part

"Life's under no obligation to give up what we expect."

~ Margaret Mitchell

-

Peter's P.O.V

-

    The sound of people cheering is the first thing I hear when we arrive in Storybrooke. I'm embraced by many strangers whom I'm assuming are friends or relatives of Henry. I catch a glimpse of a couple of my younger Lost Boys standing aboard the ship staring at the huge crowd with uncertainty. But there's one person I don't see.
   Where's Felix?

    I feel someone tug at my arm, pulling me aside. The action brings back to reality like an anchor. I peel my eyes away from the Jolly Rodger and see Emma.
    She smiles at me. "How does it feel to finally be home?"
    "Better than I ever imagined," I say.
    Emma places her hands on my cheeks fondly and only then do I catch a glimpse of Felix.

    He looks at the crowd in indifference before making his way off the ship and onto the platform. The other Lost Boys follow Felix's lead as he makes his way down. My eyes dart to Alice who carries Cassie in her arms. She whispers something in the toddler's ear as she sets him on the platform. Cassie nods in response, running off to find the twins, probably.

    Alice notices that I'm staring and smiles at me. I feign a smile back, wishing that I could close the distance in between us but I can't, not without drawing attention to myself. Things will just have to wait until I've come up with a plan to take things forward. I wasn't planning on switching bodies with Henry when I entered his room, it wasn't ideal. I just didn't want to leave Alice again. The first time was hard enough.

    I slowly make my way towards Felix, cared not to draw any unwanted attention to myself as I do so.
    "What about Malcolm?" Baelfire asks our father as I past them.
    I slow down my pace at the sound of my grandfather's name.
    "Don't worry," Rumple assures my half brother. "My father's trapped, just like he was in the candle."

    "Thankfully, the only person who can free your him is safely in here." Rumple says, looking down at Pandora's Box where "I" am trapped in.
    I glance at them over my shoulder.
    That's what you think.

    "What do you have in mind, Peter?" Felix asks as I approach him.
    We both look over at Henry's family. "What if someone decides to open that box, let the real boy out?"

    "That's not the problem, trust me," I say, cranning my neck to look up at him. Felix was already half a head taller than me was when I in my old body, but he towers over me now that I'm in Henry's body.
    Felix lowers his voice due. "What's the next step?"

    "You need to be punished," I say, taking a step back.

    He looks at me, confused.
    "Hey, Mom, Dad," I cry out, causing the adults to look over at the two of us. "What about Felix? He's still free."
    "What are you doing?" he whispers.

   I lower my voice, turning back to face him. "They need to trust me."
    Henry's family walks over to us, their conversation long forgotten.
    "Henry's right," Regina says as she stops in front of Felix. "We can't just let Felix walk away free."

    "Don't worry, we've got plenty of cell space for this guy," David says, making his way towards their jail will Felix in tow.

    "You're safe now, Henry," Emma says, placing her hand on my shoulder.